Heart of Dallas Bowl

Cooley

Where there is a problem, there is an opportunity.

If possible, I think North Texas athletics should look into partnering with Dallas in a joint effort to keep the bowl. In exchange for paying half of the rights fee, North Texas would become the primary program tied to the bowl, and then the Big12 and Big10 would alternate sending programs. For $200K a year we would be guaranteed a decent landing spot when we finish bowl eligible, and against a P5 conference, when they fill it. It would work similar to the set up Boise had with the Idaho Potato Bowl. The rest of C-USA would throw a fit, but hey, if it isn't against some C-USA by-law, and it is okay with Dallas, the NCAA, Big12, Big10, and ESPN, I say do it. In my opinion that would be $200K a year, well spent.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

i told you the Frisco bowl was better, we could sell that place out.  I think they want out town people though because they stay in hotels.

I think the Frisco Bowl would like us selling out Toyota Stadium. I'd love for us to play in this bowl. We'd sell it out. Not to mention I live one exit down from the stadium. It would be a blast.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

If possible, I think North Texas athletics should look into partnering with Dallas in a joint effort to keep the bowl. In exchange for paying half of the rights fee, North Texas would become the primary program tied to the bowl, and then the Big12 and Big10 would alternate sending programs. 

I would love for this to happen but for the life of me can't see why the B12 or B10 would EVER agree to a tie in against a G5.   

14 hours ago, southsideguy said:

i told you the Frisco bowl was better, we could sell that place out.  I think they want out town people though because they stay in hotels.

a 20k person stadium and your thought is "we could sell that place out"?  Maybe we could get Denton to sponsor a Denton Bowl at CH Collins!

At the end of the day, the Cotton Bowl Stadium is a dump. The City of Dallas messed up years ago by not spending enough money to upgrade it over time. They're going to lose the Red River Rivalry soon too. The HOD tried to replace the "Cotton Bowl" that moved to AT&T and it just isn't the same anymore. Time to move on.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

34 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

a 20k person stadium and your thought is "we could sell that place out"?  Maybe we could get Denton to sponsor a Denton Bowl at CH Collins!

Seriously?  Too bad we can't rate an administrator's posts.

Related image

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

42 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

At the end of the day, the Cotton Bowl Stadium is a dump. The City of Dallas messed up years ago by not spending enough money to upgrade it over time. They're going to lose the Red River Rivalry soon too. The HOD tried to replace the "Cotton Bowl" that moved to AT&T and it just isn't the same anymore. Time to move on.

I mean...it may move in 2026, but I've heard it was gonna move from the Cotton Bowl for at least 20 years now.   I'll believe it when it happens.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

• Harry locked this topic