Thank Goodness We Built Apogee &

UNTLifer

17 minutes ago, CK2 said:

Yet players like Ed Oliver,  Deontay Greenberry who could have gone ANYWHERE , excellent quarterbacks like Greg Ward,  Case Keenum, Kevin Kolb,  first round draft picks William Jackson III,  DJ Hayden and many others come to play for us. 

We can draw 43,000 people on a Thursday night. 

You bring up Third Ward yet we have attendance and success that UNT fantasizes about. A lot of posters here want to be like us and at our level. 

It's obvious you're a UNT Lifer because you never have and never will know a dang thing about a good athletics program.

*drops mic*

Ok--go say this $hit on texags.com or orangeblood.com and brag about this to them, you know the programs that are way more funded than you and think 43k in attendance is cute.

Again, to reiterate, you are the type of person that scoreboards the homeless while you go home to your spare apartment in the 3rd Ward of Houston.

29 minutes ago, CK2 said:

Yes,  I would much rather have Sampson and Applewhite than McCarney and Benford.

Those first two coaches actually know what a winning record is. 

For a UH fan, trolling this board would have made much more sense two years ago than it does now. By now UH is essentially back with the rest of the G5s again.

Also: you can say a lot about Benford and Mac but neither got us into hot water with the NCAA or was sleeping with the students. Macs tenure actually ended with a top ten APR. Most importantly: they are both gone and were replaced with coaches who seem to be un the up and up.

Sampson and Applewhite, on the other hand, are still very much UHs current reality, and even if they took a pay cut I wouldn't want either over MacCasland and Littrell. Two years from now we will be replacing our coaches, as will UH, but for very different reasons.

Edited by outoftown
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, CK2 said:

It's obvious you're a UNT Lifer because you never have and never will know a dang thing about a good athletics program.

*drops mic*

Wrong.  Grew up going to games in the Coach Mitchell/Joe Green era and the Hayden Fry era.  You know, HOF'er and greatest DT, Joe Green, 1st Round pick and still career sack leader for the 49er's, Cedrick Hardeman, NFL WR Ron Shanklin, NFL QB Steve Ramsey,  etc... excellent RB's and NFL'ers Patrick Cobbs, Lance Dunbar and soon to be Jeff Wilson, Olympian/NFL/CFL WR Johnny Quinn, etc...

I have no problem with you being proud of your school, although I question why you keep showing up here, but I do have a problem when you decide to come on here and talk down to my school.

47 minutes ago, CK2 said:

Yes,  I would much rather have Sampson and Applewhite than McCarney and Benford.

Those first two coaches actually know what a winning record is. 

That's convenient.  Compare your current coaches to ones from our past.  Funny how you didn't compare them to MacCasland and Littrell, you know, our current coaches, who I would take over your two baggage carrying coaches.

Your comparison is like me saying I would take Littrell and MacCasland over Dana Dimel  and Ray McCallum.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

If UH has such a great athletic program then why did the Big12 turn thumbs down on your application to join. They evaluated UH along with other schools and decided you and the rest did not have near enough to bring to the Big12 party. And even several high placed Texas politicians could not sway the decision.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, MeanGreenDadx2 said:

If UH has such a great athletic program then why did the Big12 turn thumbs down on your application to join. They evaluated UH along with other schools and decided you and the rest did not have near enough to bring to the Big12 party. And even several high placed Texas politicians could not sway the decision.

And let's not forget that even cougar high's sugar daddy, Tillman Fertitta, couldn't help them get the big boy invite.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, CK2 said:

Yet players like Ed Oliver,  Deontay Greenberry who could have gone ANYWHERE , excellent quarterbacks like Greg Ward,  Case Keenum, Kevin Kolb,  first round draft picks William Jackson III,  DJ Hayden and many others come to play for us. 

We can draw 43,000 people on a Thursday night. 

You bring up Third Ward yet we have attendance and success that UNT fantasizes about. A lot of posters here want to be like us and at our level. 

*drops mic*

When exactly did Housta draw 43k on a Thursday night?  Certainly wasn't last year: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Houston_Cougars_football_team

Sad actually to see UH do so little with their opportunities over the years to now find themselves at the same level poor little ol' UNT.  Must be terrible as a fan of that program.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CK2 said:

2016 Louisville vs Houston

You're not doing much to help your case when it comes to proving that you aren't stupid. 

Clearly must have been a lot of Looeyville fans at the game.  They were the ones wearing red.

I guess the fans must be leaving in droves because nothing close to that last year.  Sad.

2 minutes ago, CK2 said:

You're losing this exchange worse than UNT losing 66-7 to FCS Portland State. 

At least UNT Lifer had some semi-ok comebacks. 

Do you want some kind of validation that UH is higher up the G5 food chain than UNT is? I mean, really, that is not what that hard to admit. 

We have gotten somewhat serious to very serious about sports here within the last 5-10 years. You guys started caring about sports in the 60's, at least, while being the school inside a hugely populated and growing mega-city in the US. Its not comparable. Y'all got the SWC--we didn't. Y'all got CUSA/AAC, we didn't. 

With all of those advantages you all have had, how amazing it is to only now be one rung below you guys on the FBS totem pole? I mean just 30 years ago, we were I-aa and y'all were in the SWC while it was still a 9-member major conference, that was at least 3 or 4 rungs below you. 20 years ago, we were in a fledgling Big West conference, while y'all were in CUSA1.0, which was still thought of very highly for football and basketball, which again was about 2 or 3 rungs below you. Now, you are in the AAC, a very solid G5 conference, but no farther up from us than a rung on the FBS ladder. 

And the great part about all of this is that we get the chance again to see how much progress we have made in the last few years when we play you guys--with a coach that actually knows how to run a modern offense. I'll be very disappointed if we don't win at least one of those games, much like Texas State and UTSA have done to you guys in recent seasons.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Was the old golf course originally part of the UNT campus?  Or was it acquired a long time ago? 

I have no earthly idea how long North Texas has owned that property. But here is something about the golf team from the 1950 "Yucca"............https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth61019/m1/171/?q=167

Here is another interesting image from the same book..........https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth61019/m1/9/?q=1

Looks like there were big plans besides the football stadium. 

• Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, CK2 said:

You're losing this exchange worse than UNT losing 66-7 to FCS Portland State. 

I see that you have lost most of your early UNT education and are now writing at a UH graduate level. I feel bad for you from both a professional and sports fan level level. 

• Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Here is another interesting image from the same book..........https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth61019/m1/9/?q=1

Looks like there were big plans besides the football stadium. 

Stop it.  I've got a UNT intern here who thinks his vote for the student fee is going to get him a baseball program. 

2 hours ago, CK2 said:

You just didn't like it that I killed you with facts and proved your comparisons were ridiculous. 

I still find it sad that you are stuck over here on another school's site. Did you and CougarQueen get kicked off the UH fan board?  No worries, you two can commiserate and your next sleepover. 

• Downvote 2

Golf course has been there forever till Appogee. 9 holder wasn't too bad. Know I played it in the seventies. 

And why on earth would a UH fan troll us. Guess no one pays any attention to UH's board so he has to come over to our board....and for him to be claiming the greatness of UoH..man its got to be the water down there. Y'all are on the same rung of the ladder we are guy.....accept it!

10 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Golf course has been there forever till Appogee. 9 holder wasn't too bad. Know I played it in the seventies. 

And why on earth would a UH fan troll us. Guess no one pays any attention to UH's board so he has to come over to our board....and for him to be claiming the greatness of UoH..man its got to be the water down there. Y'all are on the same rung of the ladder we are guy.....accept it!

Are you talking about the course?  It was always 18 holes.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1