Thank Goodness We Built Apogee &

UNTLifer

Suffering from corrosion of poorly coated steel. Sounds like someone failed to inspect during construction and before accepting the work and most likely failed to do proper upkeep.

The east side upper deck at AState is steel and was put up in 1991 or 1992. One support beam had to be replaced after about 12 years because the concrete footing broke and they just went ahead and replaced the beam at the same time.

Nothing wrong with steel construction if you make sure the steel meets specs and you take care of it properly. There are plenty of steel stadiums that are 60-70 years old without having significant problems.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

5 hours ago, CK2 said:

Our stadium is just fine. How about you guys worry about Guyer HS outdrawing your crowds. It's a shame that they can fill up Apogee better than UNT can. 

Nice Coog job in the tournament.  AAC was clearly a 1 bid conference.  Just wasting spots by sending multiple AAC teams.  Hopefully, NCAA will learn its lesson.

7 hours ago, CK2 said:

Our stadium is just fine. How about you guys worry about Guyer HS outdrawing your crowds. It's a shame that they can fill up Apogee better than UNT can. 

Love the clueless post from the U of H fans.  Do they have a major in trolling?

The past AD and Admin deserve a lot of credit building a quality facility at such a reasonable price. They also deserve a lot of credit for purchasing so much land to be able to construct facilities in one location. Also thanks to the students for voting in the student fee at the time.

7 hours ago, CK2 said:

Maybe you didn't see that we were one of a handful of schools that saw attendance jump last year? Then again, I wouldn't peg reading or comprehension as anything close to a strong suit for you...

10 minutes ago, CK2 said:

We were a buzzer beater away from being in the Sweet 16. Let me know when UNT can even make it out of the CUSA tournament. Hell,  even your best teams under Jones were one and done. 

It's just easier to call you stupid.  Learn how to troll so it doesnt make me cringe next time. 

Careful, I've seen people get bans or suspensions for less!

10 minutes ago, CK2 said:

We were a buzzer beater away from being in the Sweet 16. Let me know when UNT can even make it out of the CUSA tournament. Hell,  even your best teams under Jones were one and done. 

It's just easier to call you stupid.  Learn how to troll so it doesnt make me cringe next time. 

so are you in the sweet 16???

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CK2 said:

When you get into the P5, swing it around. Until then, no one cares about your coaching springboard school.

• Upvote 1

Cougar High took the same path as UCF.  Get a 40,000 capacity stadium so they look "big time", no matter what type of construction is used.  I wonder if Cougar High's metal stadium will start "swaying" like UCF's did?  Wait, does Cougar High have that many fans in attendance to fill it during a game where the opponent is not tu whorns?

Edited by DeepGreen

2 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

The past AD and Admin deserve a lot of credit building a quality facility at such a reasonable price. They also deserve a lot of credit for purchasing so much land to be able to construct facilities in one location. Also thanks to the students for voting in the student fee at the time.

The "purchased land" is across the street from Apogee and the athletic center. The old Liberty Christian property. Apogee and the athletic center sits on the old UNT golf course, so we've always owned that land. IMHO, it's one of the reasons we were able to build such a nice facility for such a reasonable price. We didn't have to buy the land or tear anything down to build it. We just scraped off the empty land and went to work. 

5 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

The "purchased land" is across the street from Apogee and the athletic center. The old Liberty Christian property. Apogee and the athletic center sits on the old UNT golf course, so we've always owned that land. IMHO, it's one of the reasons we were able to build such a nice facility for such a reasonable price. We didn't have to buy the land or tear anything down to build it. We just scraped off the empty land and went to work. 

Was the old golf course originally part of the UNT campus?  Or was it acquired a long time ago? 

10 hours ago, CK2 said:

Our stadium is just fine. 

Other than being located in Houston's Third Ward, the 15th most dangerous neighborhood in the United States...per a Houston Chronicle article in February.  Just where I want to send my kids.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, CK2 said:

Yes because a coaching graveyard like UNT is much more desirable. Your comebacks are as weak as your athletics. 

Graveyard?  Houston is a fine example of coaching hires.

Kelvin Sampson: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9873-indianas-kelvin-sampson-fool-me-once-shame-on-you-fool-me-twice

You're next.

Oh, and Applewhite is no better.

https://thebiglead.com/2013/02/02/major-applewhite-had-affair-with-student-at-2009-fiesta-bowl-while-his-wife-was-nine-months-pregnant/

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/1/8/16857864/major-applewhite-kendal-briles-randy-clements-hire-houston-cougars

2 hours ago, CK2 said:

So, you lost, correct?  I guess a moral victory.  Congrats?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Agree