FAU Has Suspended QB Chris Robinson

Greenrex

29 minutes ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

His actions were the same at OU, being suspended for a good while would do some good for his character. Lets be honest, Kiffin doesn't give a shit about character, it's all just a face that is being put on. Only got a year left of this Kiffin bullshit. Preach "fam"

P.S. - nothing against FAU or their fans, this has just become old news coming out of FAU. Shit like this happens and no one should be shocked. 

I find it amusing you think we have a dirty program, but that is ok think what you want.  This is a little different than OU he was arrested for public intoxication up there.  They looked the other way when a future Heisman winner was caught doing something similar.  Kid paid the price....he's at FAU not OU.  I don't know how long he will be out, but reading (not just on this board) other boards saying that this is a joke suspension because it won't carry into Fall is silly.   He missed a tutoring session.  Be careful about how clean you think you program is, we are all dealing with 18, 19, 20 and 21 year olds, they tend to make mistakes...as they say youth is wasted on the young.

Regarding Kiffin's tenure, last year he was 1 and done.  So we are already playing with house money.  I am not really concerned when and if Kiffin leaves, most successful coaches do.  But I will say this about Lane, he's really enjoying living on the water in Boca Raton, he's really enjoying being able to go out in public and not being mobbed or being interrupted at his kids birthday at a restaurant unlike a certain city in Alabama.  He doesn't need the attention, 1 tweet and he can be on the home page of ESPN.  If the public knows nothing about Kiff they do know he is an untraditional thinker whereas one might be out of here as soon as possible, he might not be.  He doesn't have to leave for money, he's already cashed in at the Raiders, UT, and USC whereas your coach gets the 2 or 3 million a year offer he has to take it, just the nature of the business.  We all know a love affair with a coach quickly ends with a couple of bad seasons in a row.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Withers940 said:

This is the same kid that was kicked off the team at OU right?

Correct. For the same thing, "violation of team rules." Violation of team rules could mean a couple things at a blue blood program though. At a place like FAU, he did something pretty significant and the staff and university obviously doesn't want the public to know. At a place like OU, and though I don't think it applies here, the staff could have realized they made a talent evaluation mistake and could have sent him walking for something very minute. Believe me when I tell you, that happens. Though given their upcoming QB situation, I don't think that was the situation at OU. People are holding his hand through his probable criminal mischief and giving him the usual 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th chances until something too egregious to overlook is leaked to the public. And even then, some programs will not bat an eye. 

To note, he had a couple public intox's while at OU, but I don't believe his release/dismissal wasn't really in conjunction with those. 

• Lovely Take 1

10 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

Be careful about how clean you think you program is, we are all dealing with 18, 19, 20 and 21 year olds, they tend to make mistakes...as they say youth is wasted on the young.

This is true.  There's a lot going on behind the scenes that none of us know about at both programs.  After all, it wasn't that long ago we had some kids stealing stuff from Walmart.

12 hours ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

His actions were the same at OU, being suspended for a good while would do some good for his character. Lets be honest, Kiffin doesn't give a shit about character, it's all just a face that is being put on. Only got a year left of this Kiffin bullshit. Preach "fam"

P.S. - nothing against FAU or their fans, this has just become old news coming out of FAU. Shit like this happens and no one should be shocked. 

FAU is nothing more than a copycat of Miami...they are building a winning program with questionable characters, from the coach on down.

Nobody thinks Kiffin is anywhere close to being ethical--nobody. He will leave them for somewhere higher up the totem pole and the amount of NCAA violations will be mind-boggling. Think Miami after Dennis Erickson left...