Jacksonville State (3/21/18)

CMJ

7 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I guess you can make an argument for San Francisco. Less impressive record but slightly better RPI probably due to conference. 

Yeah, when you have St. Mary's and Gonzaga it helps.

I wanna play USF in the Finals.  They would be one of the most storied programs to ever visit the Super Pit.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CMJ said:

Yeah, when you have St. Mary's and Gonzaga it helps.

I wanna play USF in the Finals.  They would be one of the most storied programs to ever visit the Super Pit.

I didn't realize that about USF. What makes them storied? Do they make tourney runs every so often? I don't recall seeing them plan in NCAA tourney, but with my memory that does not mean much either :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

USF has two 7 foot guys on their team.  I am not sure how good they are but they gave up a 20 point lead.  They can shoot the 3's. I watched  the game last night after I got home from the rockin pit.  We are playing our best basketball of the season in this tournament and I  hope it continues for a few more games.  GMG!

Was Ryan ok last night?  He didn't play as much usually and his foul shooting was way off.  Funny Mercer knew he was the guy to foul.  Nice Mac caught that change the lineup so Mercer didnt have that play anymore.  Ryan is a great player  but he needs to improve the foul shooting or he will see a lot of this going forward.

I have a question that maybe someone can answer.  Holston never looks at the basket and is always looking to pass the ball as soon as he gets it.  Some of the teams  have not even converted him much on D.  I have seen several times he is wide open for shot but never takes it.  I was watching him the shoot a round before the game and he seems to have a nice touch on his shot. I am just wondering why he never shoots?

Edited by southsideguy

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

USF has two 7 foot guys on their team.  I am not sure how good they are but they gave up a 20 point lead.  They can shoot the 3's. I watched  the game last night after I got home from the rockin pit.  We are playing our best basketball of the season in this tournament and I  hope it continues for a few more games.  GMG!

Was Ryan ok last night?  He didn't play as much usually and his foul shooting was way off.  Funny Mercer knew he was the guy to foul.  Nice Mac caught that change the lineup so Mercer didnt have that play anymore.  Ryan is a great player  but he needs to improve the foul shooting or he will see a lot of this going forward.

I have a question that maybe someone can answer.  Holston never looks at the basket and is always looking to pass the ball as soon as he gets it.  Some of the teams  have not even converted him much on D.  I have seen several times he is wide open for shot but never takes it.  I was watching him the shoot a round before the game and he seems to have a nice touch on his shot. I am just wondering why he never shoots?

Holston is just a liability on the offensive end.  He will shoot in the paint, but is not a willing shooter from mid or long range.  Solid defender, but allows team to pack the paint and double our outside shooters.  Josh is also not much of a threat outside.  By adding two more shooters on the floor it has really improved spacing and forced the defense to cover.  Fortunately, we have been hitting some of the shots.

No wonder why McCasland has offered several 3/4's for next season.  In Josh's defense, he has been playing hurt.  Holston is just not an offensive threat unless he is driving and dunking.

Ryan got in foul trouble in the first half and was pulled later when they went to hack-a-ryan.  He has to improve his shooting or is at risk of losing minutes to Gibson next season.