A 5th? This is awful. Last I heard, the 4th was just left out in the open.

Definitely reminds me of a more targeted Unabomber and a little of the Anthrax guy. Problem is, if you're too specific, you're easier to predict and track (GIS, anyone?). This 4th one fell out of that realm apparently, though.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Aldo said:

A 5th? This is awful. Last I heard, the 4th was just left out in the open.

Definitely reminds me of a more targeted Unabomber and a little of the Anthrax guy. Problem is, if you're too specific, you're easier to predict and track (GIS, anyone?). This 4th one fell out of that realm apparently, though.

From what I understand, it used a trip wire across a sidewalk, or maybe a street.  I think some kids tripped it with their bikes.

The most recent was a Fedex package that I think detonated in a truck in San Antonio, bound for Austin.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

From what I understand, it used a trip wire across a sidewalk, or maybe a street.  I think some kids tripped it with their bikes.

The most recent was a Fedex package that I think detonated in a truck in San Antonio, bound for Austin.

A map of the explosions (looks like the second one was about 5 minutes from my dad's house.

http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/interactive-map-austin-package-explosions/1038402216

And a little more info on the 4th. Also has some other links below the video.

http://www.kxan.com/video/how-sunday-s-bomb-is-different-from-the-first-three_20180319224603/1059352598

• Upvote 1

This could all be the work of some deranged individual. It could also be a "trial run" by some group, testing devices and methods while probing the distribution network for weak spots.  I pray for the former.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

This could all be the work of some deranged individual. It could also be a "trial run" by some group, testing devices and methods while probing the distribution network for weak spots.  I pray for the former.

They got em.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/suspected-texas-bomber-kills-self-as-police-close-in-officials/ar-BBKvaB9?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

6 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I'm gon' call this mfer a terrorist

Based on his actions, the MFer is indeed a terrorist. Based on accounts of activity around his hole, this dude may have a little cell of like-minded MFers going in Austin. He reportedly had two roommates who disavow any knowledge...yeah...right. I don't think we'll know the whole story for some time.  I'm not going to hold my breath that this is the last we hear from these terrorists either; MFer#1 may have just been a stooge.

• Upvote 1

Six hours later, the press has published more tidbits. MFer#1 has been unemployed since August and he attended Austin CC but did not graduate. This screams out to me "Follow the money !". How was he living, driving an SUV, and buying bomb-making materials? Was his father bankrolling all of that? Check out Daddy, he may be MFer#2. Just my suspicious mind looking at different scenarios.

• Thanks 2

--- He was home-schooled until college age. ...   This isn't always true but a lot of them that I have seen are rather strange, have poor social skills, and a lot of extreme or odd  ideas... Apparently he did not graduate college ... well that is no surprise either ... at least in math which I teach,  they tend to be very poorly prepared.  Another one  I read about this week killed his buddy with a baseball bat.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

--- He was home-schooled until college age. ...   This isn't always true but a lot of them that I have seen are rather strange, have poor social skills, and a lot of extreme or odd  ideas... Apparently he did not graduate college ... well that is no surprise either ... at least in math which I teach,  they tend to be very poorly prepared.  Another one  I read about this week killed his buddy with a baseball bat.

I believe home schooling has its place, but I agree with you that it is not always the best for social development.  When kids don't have a group of friends with which to interract daily, they can withdraw to the computer. A lot of it depends on the family environment. That is just my opinion, I am not a trained professional in these matters.