DRC: UNT aiming to capitalize on rare postseason home game

Brett Vito

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Tickets are only $13.  No idea what sales are like.  The AD had ads in the DRC yesterday.  Hopefully the students get wind of it today?

Rick

$13 is cheap, but if they are trying to capitalize on this game from a support standpoint as they stated over and over then they shouldn't be boosting prices to watch FCS Mercer (And yes, I know they aren't FCS in hoops, but they might as well be) if in fact this was a means to bridge the gap to fandom support and not a way to capitalize monetarily. 

Either way, I will be there. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

$13 is cheap, but if they are trying to capitalize on this game from a support standpoint as they stated over and over then they shouldn't be boosting prices to watch FCS Mercer (And yes, I know they aren't FCS in hoops, but they might as well be) if in fact this was a means to bridge the gap to fandom support and not a way to capitalize monetarily. 

Either way, I will be there. 

If they're FCS in hoops, we aren't even at that level.  They've had success in the NCAA's...we haven't.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

11 minutes ago, CMJ said:

If they're FCS in hoops, we aren't even at that level.  They've had success in the NCAA's...we haven't.

Yes, they beat Duke a few years ago in the Tourney. I understand that. 

But name recognition means something to people that don't really pay attention. Boosting prices for a nameless opponent is not going to help garner the said support they are hoping to get from this game. That's all I was saying. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

But name recognition means something to people that don't really pay attention. Boosting prices for a nameless opponent is not going to help garner the said support they are hoping to get from this game. That's all I was saying. 

You're in a football frame of mind.  People like CMJ think way more of Mercer than you.  Y'all are wired completely differently, so keep that in mind.

Personally, I am good with this move since we have some post-season momentum.  I also understand what you're trying to say: we need to get people in the door. 

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

Charge a reasonable price for tickets.  Do what it takes to get people in the Pit.  We're trying to build momentum in basketball.  Get the fans in the Pit.  Charge cheap prices for tickets.  Use them as a "loss leader".

Win the game.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Charge a reasonable price for tickets.  Do what it takes to get people in the Pit.  We're trying to build momentum in basketball.  Get the fans in the Pit.  Charge cheap prices for tickets.  Use them as a "loss leader".

Win the game.

Yep.  Make up the difference in concessions, clothing sales, etc...  Get the fans there, show them a good time.

3 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Highly like prices are set by CBI and consistent throughout the tournament.

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Yep.  Make up the difference in concessions, clothing sales, etc...  Get the fans there, show them a good time.

Sad thing is with the construction going on, the Barnes and Noble stand is just 2 tables.. let’s hope they can expand it next year with the current construction going on