DRC: C-USA announces new TV deal (updated with financial figures)

Brett Vito

On 3/15/2018 at 8:19 AM, oldguystudent said:

I caught one game on facebook last season and really enjoyed it.  Thing is, I don't know how I found it, or how you get to stadium's schedule.  Hope that part gets easier because the production was way better than ESPN3. 

They have gotten better, but you can follow or be a fan of their facebook page.  You can also download the app and create a log in.  That is how I stream everything from my Ipad to  my TV, it has made the process pretty easy. 

• Upvote 2

Assuming the CBS/Facebook games are in addition to (instead of included in) the CBS numbers then it should work out to a total of 28 FB games plus 35 BB games where the TV network is covering the cost of production plus paying the league a reported $5.6M ($400k per school).

Not sure what the deal with BEIN Sports involves, but last year it looks like they broadcast 10 FB games, 10 MBB games,  and 35 M/W soccer and volleyball games.

The conference also had some games on ESPN3 and there was a reference that the schools had to cover the cost of production in order to televise the games on ESPN3.

• Lovely Take 1

As Davie Crockett once said...."You may go to ESPN, but I will go to CBS!"  I am hoping that the with CBS televising the championship game they will move it to later in the afternoon.  A noon kick-off really sucks!  Overall this is an improvement, all member schools need to keep improving their athletics and we will get where we will want to be.

• Upvote 2