DRC: More on the CBI -- the costs and how UNT landed a bid

Brett Vito

Great deal for us....No cost for our first game.....Love the extra playing time in the post-season for our young team....that'd be awesome if we can win, and bring back tourney to Denton!

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

To be clear, NT must win 2 games in South Dakota in order to host a final game in Denton.  Is that correct ?

The winner of UNT-South Dakota plays the winner of Mercer-Grand Canyon. 

My understanding is that UNT would play on the road in the 2nd round if they beat South Dakota. 

Teams that host the semifinals give their ticket revenue to the CBI. The team that hosts the final gives their ticket revenue from each game that it hosts to the CBI.

UNT could host games later in the tournament, depending on the way things turn out. 

So then what does this mean ?  And why give a down vote for a guy asking a question ?

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

Teams that host the semifinals give their ticket revenue to the CBI. The team that hosts the final gives their ticket revenue from each game that it hosts to the CBI.

UNT could host games later in the tournament, depending on the way things turn out. 

So then what does this mean ?  And why give a down vote for a guy asking a question ?

What does what mean?  I think that's fairly self explanatory.

I wonder how they (CBI) get at least one of each matchup to agree to pay.

I know, as reported, that they reach out to teams mid-season to gauge interest.  What if teams say "yes, but we will not be willing to pay to host?"

Is there a scenario where the CBI ends up putting two teams together that don't want to pay/host? What happens then?