South Dakota (3/14/18)

CMJ

2 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

But 10,000 is what we have now and who can remember the last time we came close to filling it? We have a largely unengaged base. I just want us to have a home court advantage. I did a quick scan. We only have 12 crowds in our history of 7,000 or more.

The super pit is not a basketball stadium it is multipurpose school facility.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

But 10,000 is what we have now and who can remember the last time we came close to filling it? We have a largely unengaged base. I just want us to have a home court advantage. I did a quick scan. We only have 12 crowds in our history of 7,000 or more.

I'd prefer to see what our current AD and student base (38K+) does when we have some success and don't immediately flush it down the toilet 2 years later.

47 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Playing really well! Miller is showing why he was highly touted out of JUCO. I find it odd they would not give Temara the trip and let the senior play a few more minutes, but I get the point of trying to give the core guys next season more time together.

Temara had already graduated and he chose to leave as soon as CUSA tourney was over and try his hand at pro ball overseas. That is why he is not on this trip.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Who is this team I am watching? And where has Duffy and Mike Miller been all year?

My brutally honest opinion, Lawson has been hindering this team offensively all season. We're seeing Mccasland trying out Duffy as the third guard, and he has already offered two JUCO players to compete/fill that spot next season.

I think Lawson can still add value to this team, but it would be off the bench and with a much lower usage rate on offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

My brutally honest opinion, Lawson has been hindering this team offensively all season. We're seeing Mccasland trying out Duffy as the third guard, and he has already offered two JUCO players to compete/fill that spot next season.

I think Lawson can still add value to this team, but it would be off the bench and with a much lower usage rate on offense.

Yep. They've went 4 guards and Zach most of the night. Brings a much better offense to the floor. No Temara, limited AJ. I think Lawson had tremendous potential but hasn't been able to put it together to help the team all year.

• Lovely Take 1

NT 75  ------- USD 56

6:10 to go

I actually think part of the reason we're playing so well is this is not a league game.  It seemed like the other teams in CUSA were starting to figure us out, but these guys have never seen us before.