DRC: Breaking news -- UNT men to face South Dakota in CBI

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Maybe I am wrong but I read that there is a 50K entrance fee no matter what, someone feel free to source alternative info. 

Multiple sources state the fee is to host:

Few respectable college basketball programs are interested in handing over $50,000 for a glorified practice, but to host a first-round game in the CBI, that’s the fee a team has to pay — on top of regular operating expenses. Reach the semifinals for best-of-three championship series? That’s another $75,000 a night.

Example link

It's a strange instance where teams prefer to travel over playing at home. 

• Upvote 1

Apparently, I'm in the minority in thinking this is money well spent.  This program needs to begin to set a culture where postseason action is the expectation.

The 5 win 2016 football season ended with an academic-driven HOD Bowl invite, but I think we all saw how beneficial that was for Littrell and his staff to support their culture change with the players.

I see similarities with the CBI - especially if we can make a run

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

I wish they would cut the CBI and CIT and just make the the NIT 64 teams. These tournaments cost money and rarely have teams that will catch the average college basketball fan eye. The NIT draws much more attention and is nationally televised. I understand UNT wouldn’t make the NIT, but enlarging that field gives more mid majors something to fight for and avoids that awkward moment where you have to pay to be in a tournament with sub par teams. 

Disagree. Might as well start a G5 CFB  playoff while we're at it. it's conceding, and the dickheads that be will grow that to a G5 glory trophy. More coaches need to be publicly bitching like UCF in football and Middle and St Mary's in bball. Every coach and University in any and all sports at this "level" when on runs have to be obnoxiously vocal. It's a branding thing and it has to happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Disagree. Might as well start a G5 CFB  playoff while we're at it. it's conceding, and the dickheads that be will grow that to a G5 glory trophy. More coaches need to be publicly bitching like UCF in football and Middle and St Mary's in bball. Every coach and University in any and all sports at this "level" when on runs have to be obnoxiously vocal. It's a branding thing and it has to happen. 

Oh, I believe MTSU should have made the big dance. I was just voicing my opinion on the other tournaments. I don’t see the point in having them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

The apathy about this game is crazy.  No emails from the a.d. telling how to watch it.  Are we sending a radio crew?  What about an email announcing the game.   Are there any watching party's?

#itsallajoke 

I got two emails today. First one at about 9:30 AM. Had a link to this article which has all the info. http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/031218aab.html