So it's the offseason and I drove by the big battle flag today

oldguystudent

3 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

This could get really expensive over time.  

I believe this is one of th reasons for the flag being left up.. that and with the UNT sports season slowing down, it one of those see how long they can make due till it’s becomes a major deal then do something about.. if it were football season I’m sure it would be switched out. 

Also, with the recently flood of activities happening it has likely been low on the list. UNT basically hosted/did most if not all of the CUSA Tournament at the Star, with Softball/Tennis starting back up, getting ready for spring football and the soccer practices, ontop of now planning the CBI games.. 

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, meangreenJW said:

National nightmare is over. New flag was up when I drove by today. Some of you guys should grab a beer, relax and appreciate a flag that weathers well. LOL.

I clearly have had substantial influence on the AD with my post and await the IPF being named in my honor for influencing such major upgrades with the university. Now where's my beer? 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I don't get it.  With a flag that big made of nylon (I assume) how can there be enough wind to cause whipping to tear the flag?

If nylon is not sturdy enough to withstand occasional 15-20 mph winds is there another material that would be less prone to wear?  This could get really expensive over time.  

Around the clock wind will tear up just about anything, and that corridor is considered a high wind assessment area per the research done during the time the wind generators were going up.

The NT Battle Flag needs to fly only on game days imo.

Rick

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

On 3/16/2018 at 9:34 AM, FirefightnRick said:

Around the clock wind will tear up just about anything, and that corridor is considered a high wind assessment area per the research done during the time the wind generators were going up.

The NT Battle Flag needs to fly only on game days imo.

Rick

...and the Friday before. As a reminder that the next day is game day,

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

What they really ought to do is find a sponsor for the flag.  Put a light on it and have the corporate logo.  Then, it could be flown year round with no expense to the athletic department.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1