So it's the offseason and I drove by the big battle flag today

oldguystudent

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

It did and again, it costs a couple thousand to repair... so just swapping it out every month will add up..

Do you work for the university?  If so, may I ask where, if you are able to share?

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2018 at 11:06 PM, UNTLifer said:

Do you work for the university?  If so, may I ask where, if you are able to share?

I did, and I worked within the AD office and still in close contact with them.

13 hours ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

Could you provide your source?

If you are going to do something, do it right. If we can't afford to have a non-torn apart flag flying high above our university then there should be no flag at all. 

Because I know the individuals that put the flag up each time, and talked with the people (that claimed they designed it, no idea if they were or just saying it) when the flag was put up.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

On 3/12/2018 at 7:45 PM, BTG_Fan1 said:

It did and again, it costs a couple thousand to repair... so just swapping it out every month will add up..

Do you know you sound condescending or is that just how you post? In any case it took 6 months for the flag to get this way so no way they were switching out every month since I actually live by the university so I see it everyday. It can’t be that expensive to stitch a flag up...if we can’t do that then we have bigger problems. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Do you know you sound condescending or is that just how you post? In any case it took 6 months for the flag to get this way so no way they were switching out every month since I actually live by the university so I see it everyday. It can’t be that expensive to stitch a flag up...if we can’t do that then we have bigger problems. 

They have 2 flags and it has been switched out multiple times, because I helped with switching it out multiple times. the reason this is still up with its tears/damage is because of the cost and how often it needs to get changed among other reasons.. 

I don't get it.  With a flag that big made of nylon (I assume) how can there be enough wind to cause whipping to tear the flag?

If nylon is not sturdy enough to withstand occasional 15-20 mph winds is there another material that would be less prone to wear?  This could get really expensive over time.