Blotter: Samaritan becomes victim of assault outside downtown Denton restaurant

• 2 weeks later...

An I nteresting bit of news in two separate articles in the link above.  Two separate women confront two separate men doing harm to others.  One used words.....and got her ass kicked.  The other used a gun and not only protected herself and who knows who else....but got his ass put in jail trying to run away.

Woman fires warning shot at approaching theft suspect 

A 45-year-old woman fired a gun in the air to ward off a man who attempted to steal a car moments earlier in the 100 block of Bellaire Drive, according to Denton police spokesman Shane Kizer.  

Police eventually caught up to the 18-year-old suspect and arrested him on a theft charge. 

About 10:30 p.m. Sunday,  Kizer said the suspect got into a verbal argument with a man he had been staying with in an east Denton neighborhood. About 15 minutes after the altercation started, the suspect tried to drive away in the resident's car, according to Kizer. 

A fight ensued after the resident realized the suspect had a knife in its sheath, Kizer said. It's unclear whether the suspect ever used the knife, he said.  

The suspect punched the resident in the face before running away on foot. While chasing the suspect down the street, the resident yelled at the nearby woman to stop the man. 

That's when she fired her gun in the air. 

"The way he was coming at her, she thought he was going to hurt her," Kizer said, adding that the woman is not facing any charges.

The suspect fled in the opposite direction of the woman, Kizer said, and police later found him on East McKinney Street. The man told police he was "just trying to learn how to drive," Kizer said.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

What would have happened if one of the men (the bad one) had a gun also.???? .... especially if drunk or on drugs. 

The bad guy would have tried to shoot someone, probably. Unless he was very close to his intended target, his targeting skills would likely have been impaired and he would have sprayed a few wild shots. Hopefully, the good girl with a gun would eliminate the threat. Happy ending but not a desirable scenario for public safety.

6 hours ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

What would have happened if one of the men (the bad one) had a gun also.???? .... especially if drunk or on drugs. 

I know it's difficult when your anti-gun leftism prevents you from focusing on the reality of what actually happened, but try for once. 

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Repeating... I am not anti-gun ... I own several .. quit putting words in my mouth  and name calling... That is why I disliked that other guy so much. My family has always owned guns.... I own ranch- land.  I just don't like these rapid fire military type ones and want better background checks. Leftism... which party claims to be conservative but they are running up the debt .. It was less than $6 trillion in Jan.  2001 after 200+ years, and many wars. Since then (17 years) it has gone to $20 Trillion plus ... Not my idea of conservative and which group controlled Congress and spending nearly all of that time.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

Repeating... I am not anti-gun ... I own several .. quit putting words in my mouth  and name calling... That is why I disliked that other guy so much. My family has always owned guns.... I own ranch- land.  I just don't like these rapid fire military type ones and want better background checks. Leftism... which party claims to be conservative but they are running up the debt .. It was less than $6 trillion in Jan.  2001 after 200+ years, and many wars. Since then (17 years) it has gone to $20 Trillion plus ... Not my idea of conservative and which group controlled Congress and spending nearly all of that time.

Sure.

BTW..the lady had a pistol, not a rifle, but your leftism prevented you from seeing that, and you missed an opportunity to be happy that a legal gun owner exercised her right to protect herself and others.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4