19' WR Offer: Damon Ward Jr.; West Brook (Beaumont) - 3 star .8199 rating

• 2 months later...

This class is shaping up really well.

3*(.8466) RB Garrison Johnson

3*(.8199) WR Damon Ward

3*(.8004) QB Logan Holgorsen (supposedly he has decommited but I haven’t seen anything official yet on this. If so he will likely be replaced by 3*(.8316) QB Chase Griffin)

We currently have the #2 class in C-USA, only behind Southern Miss who has 1 more commit than us. We are averaging a rating of .8223 right now which will increase even further if we replace Holgorsen with Griffin

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

This class is shaping up really well.

3*(.8466) RB Garrison Johnson

3*(.8199) WR Damon Ward

3*(.8004) QB Logan Holgorsen (supposedly he has decommited but I haven’t seen anything official yet on this. If so he will likely be replaced by 3*(.8316) QB Chase Griffin)

We currently have the #2 class in C-USA, only behind Southern Miss who has 1 more commit than us. We are averaging a rating of .8223 right now which will increase even further if we replace Holgorsen with Griffin

I honestly think the Logan decision was mutual.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him walk on at WVU. Griffin is an amazing talent. Fine 2.0. I honestly think as many p5 sniffing around he will get an offer or 2 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

On 5/26/2018 at 3:18 PM, TheReal_jayD said:

I honestly think the Logan decision was mutual.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him walk on at WVU. Griffin is an amazing talent. Fine 2.0. I honestly think as many p5 sniffing around he will get an offer or 2 

You mean, they are smart enough to see what we evaluated in an undersized under recruited Fine? So when we offer a kid 2 inches taller they take notice and "re-evaluate" lol sooooo many college coaches scared to be first offer it's embarrassing then come back after a kid has offers and offer him.  See it every year.  Schools come through really like a kid, come up with bs reasons why they don't want to offer, then a month later offer when 3 other schools have offered. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, GMG24 said:

You mean, they are smart enough to see what we evaluated in an undersized under recruited Fine? So when we offer a kid 2 inches taller they take notice and "re-evaluate" lol sooooo many college coaches scared to be first offer it's embarrassing then come back after a kid has offers and offer him.  See it every year.  Schools come through really like a kid, come up with bs reasons why they don't want to offer, then a month later offer when 3 other schools have offered. 

Hope Mr. Griffin sees this, understands it, appreciates what we have done.  

• Upvote 1

This is a win. Probably the best start ton recruiting SL has had so far in his tenure here.

What would excite me more than anything now, would be to get some defensive front seven/six hosses next. But the better the class rating looks overall and early, the more likely recruits want to be a part of it and will feel the pressure to commit early.

Also I still hope Holgorson ends up here. Imagine the amount of attention UNT will profit from, if he turns out to actually be good, which it is completely possible that he is.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 3

On 5/26/2018 at 12:02 PM, AustinFromUNT said:

What JayD says is more official than anything Vito says or what 247 shows. When it comes to UNT recruiting, that's as official as it gets, outside of coming directly from the recruit.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

What JayD says is more official than anything Vito says or what 247 shows. When it comes to UNT recruiting, that's as official as it gets, outside of coming directly from the recruit.

Lol times 1,000 dude sends me stuff before it happens... I love it! 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

11 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Lol times 1,000 dude sends me stuff before it happens... I love it! 

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

True dat. If I actually want to know something I know who to ask

thank you.gif

p.s also on the Holgorsen situation. He could have a change of heart and reconsider. But as of right now it seems like both parties have moved on. I think Chase Griffin is the #1 Target right now for sure. His leadership, skills and playing style really reminds the staff of Fine.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
46 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Although true, I too will be watching.

If another 3* (or 4*??) dude comes through showing interest, what do the coaches do?

Something else to think about is us having his teammate, Deonte Simpson, committed to us. If we pull the scholly from Ward, Simpson might feel slighted and back out