19' WR Offer: Damon Ward Jr.; West Brook (Beaumont) - 3 star .8199 rating

4 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

You show loyalty to the kids you offered.  Other kids (and their coaches) have long memories concerning these things.

Right.  We're full though (supposedly).  Do you switch the offer to Grayshirt or Blueshirt?  Or tell the 4* dude to kick rocks?

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Thanks 1

I would be really disappointed if we pulled his offer.  If there is some mystery 4* that comes along wanting a spot we should figure out another way to find a scholarship for them.  I know "commitments" are always shaky and interpreted differently by different fans but it sends a huge positive message to this kid and his coaches/teammates/other people he knows if we stick by him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Darden & Siggers were some of the only 3* guys we had in that 2017 class.

We've come a long way since then, to where 4* guys are in the realm of possibilities.

350 four star players. These guys have been looked at and talked to for 3 years. If one were to not sign it will be because of grades. So we should give Ward's scholarship to a guy we are taking a chance on him making grades or scores? No. So go kick rocks at a juco.

• Lovely Take 1

17 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Right.  We're full though (supposedly).  Do you switch the offer to Grayshirt or Blueshirt?  Or tell the 4* dude to kick rocks?

I'd rock with the dudes who wanted to be here and if he's visited campus I believe one or both of those are no longer options.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Did anyone see this tweet from him? I'd like to know who this "Reporter" is

I HIGHLY DOUBT this is a legit text.

Brett would never write something like that...  and for all of the sub-par stuff coming from the NT Daily, I don't believe they'd ever text a dude like that either.

Looks like someone is still trying to recruit Mr. Ward... or at least change his decision.

This is just another sign UNT is on the come up. We are really starting to worry people. This is the work of someone being paid by the boosters of whatever school is still trying to recruit Damon. 

You know you're doing something right when they start hatin'

Go Mean Green Baby!

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...