Plano Girls Basketball

Cooley

• Harry featured this topic
4 hours ago, Cooley said:

I was at this game and the stall did take Guyer out of its game. Looks like it took them by surprise after 2 wins in the district. They have most of everyone back so they have a year to adjust.

We were talking about it at work today. It’s always hard to beat someone 3 times and Allen controlled the pace of the game. Gotta press and really try to get the momentum swinging the other way. Next year they will still have two fantastic returners. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Heard they lost to Allen because there's no SHOT CLOCK in the playoffs???   

Allen held the ball for over 3 minutes at a time?

That is absurd.   Why on earth would the UIL allow that to happen?

Don't like it?? I think it's a thing of beauty.  Makes teams learn how to defend.  Evens the playing field at a lot of HS games where one team is clearly out matched. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

49 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Don't like it?? I think it's a thing of beauty.  Makes teams learn how to defend.  Evens the playing field at a lot of HS games where one team is clearly out matched. 

I'm OK with a stall if someone could just let me know in advance before:  1) driving 35 miles, 2) spending $8 to get in, 3) $5 to park and 4) purchasing a $5 (discounted t-shirt) that is too small. Though I always pull for the locals at the state tournament, I'm kinda wishing Allen gets their ass kicked for that crap.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Cooley said:

I'm OK with a stall if someone could just let me know in advance before:  1) driving 35 miles, 2) spending $8 to get in, 3) $5 to park and 4) purchasing a $5 (discounted t-shirt) that is too small. Though I always pull for the locals at the state tournament, I'm kinda wishing Allen gets their ass kicked for that crap.

Fair enough, but after the success Guyer has had, you didn't think someone would try it on them? 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, GMG24 said:

There's a reason why Guyer outmatches everyone... because they're better.   Stalling/holding the ball for over 3 minutes at a time is ridiculous.   Tainted win for sure.   I really hope Allen loses their next game.

Isn't there a shot clock during the season?   If so, why would that CRITICAL part of the game be turned off during the playoffs?  That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

50 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

There's a reason why Guyer outmatches everyone... because they're better.   Stalling/holding the ball for over 3 minutes at a time is ridiculous.   Tainted win for sure.   I really hope Allen loses their next game.

Isn't there a shot clock during the season?   If so, why would that CRITICAL part of the game be turned off during the playoffs?  That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

no shot clock in TX hs bball yet.  I personally don't have a problem with it.  If you are that much better they shouldn't be able to hold the ball for that amount of time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2