DRC: Jeffery Wilson headed to NFL Scouting Combine this week

Brett Vito

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Wish him the very best.  

Interested in his 40 time. 

the fact we have not had a player invited to the combine since 2005 is a telling statement.  

If Nate will ball out I bet he gets an invite.  

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

If Nate will ball out I bet he gets an invite.  

Nate has to play his role as he’s coached instead of relying on feel or athleticism.  Toasted routinely on the double-move because he was trying to make a play got him benched for Jenkins.  We don’t have a Jenkins-type player that can step right in & spell him anymore.

Previous year he lost his cool a lot after the whistle, and let really good receivers get in his head... which led to TDs.

12 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Nate has to play his role as he’s coached instead of relying on feel or athleticism.  Toasted routinely on the double-move because he was trying to make a play got him benched for Jenkins.  We don’t have a Jenkins-type player that can step right in & spell him anymore.

Previous year he lost his cool a lot after the whistle, and let really good receivers get in his head... which led to TDs.

Agreed, but he has measurable to get a kid invited to draft

9 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jeff-wilson?id=2560189

His Draft profile for anyone interested

"wound up in Denton...(in spite of his HS success)." 

Ceiling is practice squad. Draft projection is free agent. 

The utter disrespect to player and University is more than apparent. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I think he can crack 4.6. I may cap him at 4.57 just so I can take the under.

Oh he can crack 4.6 without doubt. But this is a pressurized situation and he'll be jittery/nervous so he won't have as much pep in his step. But at best he is still a high 4.5 guy. He never really displayed absolute breakaway speed during games. He was always needing to weave in and out or angle outrun people to the pylon. In other words, 4.4/low 4.5 corners were often times gaining ground on him in the open field 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 2/27/2018 at 2:12 AM, Green Crazy said:

I'm putting th he over/under at 4.58

He will need to run a lot faster than that as an RB in around 200-210 range since he is from a smaller school.

Lets just hope he can catch a few eyes, and people talk about him with staffs going back and rewatching his tape.. 

• Confused 1

On 2/27/2018 at 12:24 PM, Ben Gooding said:

Oh he can crack 4.6 without doubt. But this is a pressurized situation and he'll be jittery/nervous so he won't have as much pep in his step. But at best he is still a high 4.5 guy. He never really displayed absolute breakaway speed during games. He was always needing to weave in and out or angle outrun people to the pylon. In other words, 4.4/low 4.5 corners were often times gaining ground on him in the open field 

these different training facilities that prospects go to work with them on what to expect and train only in the combine drills. Let’s hope they have cut his 40 time. I would hate and worry he gets injured while running. 

20 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

He will need to run a lot faster than that as an RB in around 200-210 range since he is from a smaller school.

Lets just hope he can catch a few eyes, and people talk about him with staffs going back and rewatching his tape.. 

Smaller school has nothing to do with evaluations at this level.

On 2/27/2018 at 12:24 PM, Ben Gooding said:

What are you talking about, he was the best breakaway runner I have seen at NT except Jermario's freshman year?  I have no idea what that translate to as a 40 time, but I don't  remember him ever getting run down by someone who didn't have an angle. 

We are talking real 40 times, not those quoted that has every fast high schooler running a 4.5 or better.    

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Smaller school has nothing to do with evaluations at this level.

It totally does.. it’s the level of competition and his injury history vs LBs who are 225 pounds compared to NFL LBs who are 240 .. plus him being a smaller school guy he needs an eye popping numbers in terms of 40, etc.. 

Wilson should stand out in interviews, the question is how many does he get 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2