UNT’s Visitor Center to cost nearly $10 million

Skipper

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

UNT’s new Visitor Center will cost $9.6 million, according to documents obtained through a public information request. The Visitor Center is intended for people wishing to tour or learn about

View Full Article

I think this is sorely needed and key to continued growth. We don't currently have a campus "front porch." This can be it. I like the way Smatresk things. Wow people with a shiny first class visitors center. It will be the first and last place they visit on their tour.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

When I was a student before way back when... I never paid for a parking pass.  I parked at the mall and rode the bus to campus.

There are other solutions. Sorry you cant park right next to your class.

I paid for a parking pass the first semester then figured out that if I got there at seven in the morning or after five in the evening, I could park for free on residential streets, and the walk wasn't gonna hurt me, tubby. 

Edit:  Just a general thought -- students are 18-22 year old kids trying to make their way in life.  They're young, struggling to figure it all out, facing debt and uncertain employment when they get out.  We were once them.  Hindsight is 20/20 and it's easy for us to look at them and call their views and concerns foolish because they don't fit our adulthood narrative.  Maybe we could as a board be 10% less constantly disdainful toward them every once in a while. 

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Thanks 5

29 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I paid for a parking pass the first semester then figured out that if I got there at seven in the morning or after five in the evening, I could park for free on residential streets, and the walk wasn't gonna hurt me, tubby. 

Edit:  Just a general thought -- students are 18-22 year old kids trying to make their way in life.  They're young, struggling to figure it all out, facing debt and uncertain employment when they get out.  We were once them.  Hindsight is 20/20 and it's easy for us to look at them and call their views and concerns foolish because they don't fit our adulthood narrative.  Maybe we could as a board be 10% less constantly disdainful toward them every once in a while. 

So, this life of uncertainty doesn't afford them the opportunity to quit bitching and use their legs? 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1