ArkSt Sues Miami

Cerebus

ArkSt is suing Miami for not showing up for their game in Arkansas after the hurricane.  

Miami has argued the Force Majeure clause allowed the ‘Canes out of the contract, which states that the contract be canceled with neither side owing the other anything in the event an act of God makes the game unplayable. And an act of God definitely did hit Miami — except the game was to be played in Arkansas.

Problem with their argument:

Two damning points for Miami seemingly tilt the suit in Arkansas State’s favor: Mark Richt’s quote to a South Florida paper admitting Miami could have played the game if they absolutely had to, and the fact that, according to Arkansas State, every other Florida school either played their scheduled game for that weekend or paid their buyout clause.

It was silly for them not to play the game.  The hurricane was suppose to directly hit Coral Gables and go up the east coast.  Fortunately it went west and saved us (South Florida) a lot of devastation.  They had a chance to get 100 kids out of a potential dangerous disaster area and they chose not to.  The best interest of the kids was their safety and I don't care where you hunker down there was no guarantee of safety riding that storm out.  I have been in South Florida for 40 years and this was the first one that had me concerned.  Write the check Miami.

Don’t mess with the spirit wolves. Once they fix their eyes upon you - ... well ok they don’t really have eyes. But they do have scary white things that might have been eyes before the wolf head was turned into a ceremonial headdress for the Chief. And once they fix those upon you they can follow you even beyond the grave. So enjoy your curse, Miami.

14 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

It was silly for them not to play the game.  The hurricane was suppose to directly hit Coral Gables and go up the east coast.  Fortunately it went west and saved us (South Florida) a lot of devastation.  They had a chance to get 100 kids out of a potential dangerous disaster area and they chose not to.  The best interest of the kids was their safety and I don't care where you hunker down there was no guarantee of safety riding that storm out.  I have been in South Florida for 40 years and this was the first one that had me concerned.  Write the check Miami.

Not sure why, but i want to say i remember that they did get out of Miami.  Didnt they ride the storm out in Atlanta?  Which makes the situation even worse in my eyes.

Mark Richt was pissed that this game ever even got scheduled to be played in Jonesboro, AR. When he saw any chance to get out of it, he gladly jumped on it, knowing that the media wasn’t going to even breathe one iota of a negative mention about them not going.

Miami should pay for this—and they will gladly settle. If I were Arky State, I’d demand a hefty buyout and get a Home basketball game against Miami to help them with tickets.

• Upvote 1