MTSU now ranked #24 in AP

Nice. And we hung with them along with the other powers in CUSA. I feel like we are one player short of us having dominant team.  I think next year will be our year to take over CUSA barring serious injuries or players leaving the team. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

I would lovelove for this to be a conference that gets at least 2 bids, the auto + an at-large.

Question: what is CUSA's history of number of at-larges since Memphis left? Before Memphis left?  This might suggest how having a consistently ranked team helps (or doesn't help) the view of the conference.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You don't think they would be rewarded by their performances in their past 2 tourney's 1st round matchups?

Most likely not.  It took Gonzaga years to really build their rep.  Remember the year they were like #10 in the country and got a 9 seed?

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/23/sports/2003-ncaa-tournament-west-gonzaga-leaves-arizona-gasping-but-it-s-still.html

I can't remember their exact ranking going into the Dance that year, but they were very high and most people assumed they'd be a top 5 seed in the West.  Instead they weren't even favored in their first round game if you look at the seeds.  This was after several Tournament runs.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2