DRC: Play it again -- Marshall hands UNT another tough loss

Brett Vito

We close strong at the half but when we come out of the half we start very slow.  I am not the coach but I thought we got out of the locker room a little late.  Maybe they should warm up longer and take some shots from the field before the half starts, we only got layups in before the half started.  

I still think this team is on right track and they never quit.  I only remember Drapper taking one shot that was block last night.  He had some open looks at the basketball.  

One thing you can say is North Texas football and basketball are pretty darn exciting these days. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Nope....not obvious at all that he touched the ball.  Thats why that call should not have been made, taking the game out of the player's hands.

Rick 

Agreed. It was questionable at best. Should have been a non call in that situation. Let the teams go to overtime and hash it out. Refs don’t need to be determining the outcome in such a tight game.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

55 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Nope....not obvious at all that he touched the ball.  Thats why that call should not have been made, taking the game out of the player's hands.

Rick 

If you look at the replay of it NT posted in their highlights (on NT basketball twitter) it has a much better view of it than the Marshall clip.  Miller clearly touched the ball, the question is whether or not the ball was still on the way up. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

If you look at the replay of it NT posted in their highlights (on NT basketball twitter) it has a much better view of it than the Marshall clip.  Miller clearly touched the ball, the question is whether or not the ball was still on the way up. 

Can you share that video here? I haven’t seen an angle that shows he touches it. The Marshall by video makes him look about 4-6 inches short. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

In college ball it’s goaltending if the ball is touched after it hits the backboard.  As long as it is above the rim.  Doesn’t matter if it’s on the way up or down.  

If it leaves the player’s hand and the defender pins it before it hits glass that’s not goaltending.  Hella way to lose the game.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

10 hours ago, dahbeed said:

In college ball it’s goaltending if the ball is touched after it hits the backboard.  As long as it is above the rim.  Doesn’t matter if it’s on the way up or down.  

If it leaves the player’s hand and the defender pins it before it hits glass that’s not goaltending.  Hella way to lose the game.

That explains it then.

Rick

• Lovely Take 1