-----Something needs to be done... I am not anti-gun but these guns that shoot 20 shots in 20 secs need to be better controlled/regulated. ... The 2ed Amendment was passed long before multiple-shot guns existed.. Maybe some of you would likely feel differently if one of your students had a gun taken from him ... I have.... I got a kid suspended for constant bad behavior and the next day he showed up at school with a gun.. but another teacher (with military experience) saw it and took it from him before anything bad happened.... maybe that gun was meant for me, or maybe for the vice-principal,  or maybe the student body in general .. don't know. Too many of these things have happened in the past 20 years.

How anti-gun am I .. not like some here like to picture me.... I had a gun rack in my pick-up in HS and usually a .22 in it.  [not legal now] .. My family owned cattle , it was not "for show". Never had a need for a rapid -fire one. Still own the land. 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I saw a tweet from someone yesterday that had this premise:

Black shooter - need more militarized local Police.

Latino shooter - need to close the borders. Build wall.
Mulsim shooter - travel ban

White shooter - let's not jump to conclusion. Wait for facts. Let's pray.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 8

37 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I saw a tweet from someone yesterday that had this premise:

Black shooter - need more militarized local Police.

Latino shooter - need to close the borders. Build wall.
Mulsim shooter - travel ban

White shooter - let's not jump to conclusion. Wait for facts. Let's pray.

You left out "Crazy as a shithouse rat shooter - wring hands, pace floor and do nothing."

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Two days late?  66's visitation rights to the media room must have gotten reduced this month?

Rick

Why do you hate me.... ? I am entitled an opinion... and no I don't check in everyday in fact I went for months without checking when I got tired of 90"s comments , name calling, and portraying me as something I am not. . Someone contacted and said he had been banned and I look in at times again... .. So it doesn't bother you kids and people are being killed by mass shootings... it does me.  Nearly every one if not everyone is done by these rapid fire rifles... those I don't think should be available to everyone especially without a good background check and that is not happening. 

Despite what you said years ago .... I am patriotic.. and Christian... I just did not want Americans killed in Iraq for a bogus reason. War kills people and I have lost friends because of Nam. Two of best three HS friends died as a result. My wife lost her father because of WWII, she can't even remember him.    . It is never a game to just win or lose. So did you serve in military.... easy to be for war when you are not involved or don't lose anyone. 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

20 minutes ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

Why do you hate me.... ? I am entitled an opinion... and no I don't check in everyday in fact I went for months without checking when I got tired of 90"s comments , name calling, and portraying me as something I am not. . Someone contacted and said he had been banned and I look in at times again... .. So it doesn't bother you kids and people are being killed by mass shootings... it does me.  Nearly every one if not everyone is done by these rapid fire rifles... those I don't think should be available to everyone especially without a good background check and that is not happening. 

Despite what you said years ago .... I am patriotic.. and Christian... I just did not want Americans killed in Iraq for a bogus reason. War kills people and I have lost friends because of Nam. Two of best three HS friends died as a result. My wife lost her father because of WWII, she can't even remember him.    . It is never a game to just win or lose. So did you serve in military.... easy to be for war when you are not involved or don't lose anyone. 

So let me get this straight.  

Because I "TEASED" you about yet ANOTHER one of your illogical posts of yours above you have somehow concluded that I...

1. Hate you.

2. Have claimed that you are not entitled to your opinion.

3. That murder doesn't bother me.

4. That I've accused you of not being patriotic or christain.

5. And that I'm somehow a war monger.

LOL. Did I miss anything?  

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

So let me get this straight.  

Because I "TEASED" you about yet ANOTHER one of your illogical posts of yours above you have somehow concluded that I...

1. Hate you.

2. Have claimed that you are not entitled to your opinion.

3. That murder doesn't bother me.

4. That I've accused you of not being patriotic or christain.

5. And that I'm somehow a war monger.

LOL. Did I miss anything?  

Rick

---You DID accuse me of most of those  years ago [ absolutely claiming I by opposing that invasion was not being patriotic and implying about me real Christians supported the invasion against Islam] when I said I opposed the Iraq invasion.  Again today I posted and you went after me .. again. .. as you did also a few days ago.  Never said you were a war monger just that war should never be entered until necessary.  As for hated me .. that may have been a bit strong but you seem to target me a lot and call me out.   Many times in the past you had a habit of changing my words in a quote and saying fixed it.   

.What is illogical about wanting  less people dying in massive attacks and some controls on being  able to buy rapid-shooting guns. ??? You won't answer.. that is what I said... What is your problem with me ? .. I am entitled  an opinion....  the guidelines here even say don't attack others personally ... you just did again.  I just did too with this one but enough is enough...

PERSONAL ATTACKS AND INSULTS

Personal attacks and insults are not tolerated here. When replying to a post, your own post must be about the post to which you are replying, not the poster themselves

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

23 hours ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

---You DID accuse me of most of those  years ago [ absolutely claiming I by opposing that invasion was not being patriotic and implying about me real Christians supported the invasion against Islam] when I said I opposed the Iraq invasion.  Again today I posted and you went after me .. again. .. as you did also a few days ago.  Never said you were a war monger just that war should never be entered until necessary.  As for hated me .. that may have been a bit strong but you seem to target me a lot and call me out.   Many times in the past you had a habit of changing my words in a quote and saying fixed it.   

.What is illogical about wanting  less people dying in massive attacks and some controls on being  able to buy rapid-shooting guns. ??? You won't answer.. that is what I said... What is your problem with me ? .. I am entitled  an opinion....  the guidelines here even say don't attack others personally ... you just did again.  I just did too with this one but enough is enough...

PERSONAL ATTACKS AND INSULTS

Personal attacks and insults are not tolerated here. When replying to a post, your own post must be about the post to which you are replying, not the poster themselves

tenor.gif

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

10 hours ago, risinggreen said:

A pair of Glock 19s with 33 round mags could probably do more damage than an AR. I'm against nuts even owning a BB gun, but where it starts and stops in regard to what approved individuals can own is a difficult question. The approval process has got to be refined in a big way.

I think we would agree that a Glock is a legitimate weapon for home defense.  I hope we would agree that a 33-round magazine isn't necessary for home defense.  Ban the 33-round magazine.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, GTWT said:

I think we would agree that a Glock is a legitimate weapon for home defense.  I hope we would agree that a 33-round magazine isn't necessary for home defense.  Ban the 33-round magazine.

Cheaper Than Dirt had them on sale last week and I bought two more 33-round magazines. They are a great convenience at the range and, for home defense, the last I heard the bad guys have not signed a treaty limiting the number of rounds they carry or the number of people they use in a home invasion. They also do not honor a timeout request for reloading, as far as I know. I am responsible enough to only use as many rounds as needed to stop the threat.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Last I looked Gun racks were still legal? Did something happen the internet did not find? 

If you grew up on a ranch you more than likely had a semi-auto rifle. 

The 10/22 and the mini 14 are old as can be. The Ruger Mini-14 is and has been a super popular varmint gun for literally decades. The Ruger 10/22 has been one of the most popular .22 rifles for over 50 years. 

17 hours ago, Rudy said:

So, what does being anti war have to do with the original post? 

Nothing .. look at my second post here.... I am tired of his 'bullying" or what ever you wish to call it ... He has done it for years . I am tired of his name calling and changing my post to portray me as something very different than I am...... His picture reveals a lot about the situation, real mature... Q.E.D.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

Nothing .. look at my second post here.... I am tired of his 'bullying" or what ever you wish to call it ... He has done it for years . I am tired of his name calling and changing my post to portray me as something very different than I am...... His picture reveals a lot about the situation, real mature... Q.E.D.

No one is forcing you to post here. I think it's pretty clear that this board is not a safe space. 

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

• Harry locked this topic