Place your bets

greenjoe

17 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Similar situation, G5 school looking to continue improving with an extremely apathetic student fanbase that is more concerned with rising tuition costs and how they're gonna be able to pay off their $100k+ debt when they graduate.

I think it has more to do with it being increased for that evil, devilish word....Athletics. This university and community has some sort of vendetta towards athletics that is senseless.

If this was for an increase in art and/or music it would probably pass gratifyingly. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

My handful of friends left had no idea this vote was happening until I told them. The standard response of "oh they sent out emails" yeah the AD and every other org on campus sends 30 emails a week, you think people read it?

That’s why I think it might help for it to pass because the people that would normally vote no don’t know or are too busy watching clouds and talking about Plato. Of course it could go the other way too

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

I just spoke with Wren at the B.B. game.  He said results would be announced at 5:00p Friday.  He said he felt confident it would pass.  

GO MEAN GREEN

I'm not sure he'd say any different though. I want to be optimistic here but honestly I think it fails 55-45. Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it unless turnout is super low.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

My handful of friends left had no idea this vote was happening until I told them. The standard response of "oh they sent out emails" yeah the AD and every other org on campus sends 30 emails a week, you think people read it?

The email wasn’t from just the AD office.. it was from the SGA which doesn’t send out 30 emails a week. The AD office was literally giving out free shirts all week in the library mall for multiple hours each day AND informing students of the VOTE (the AD office did not tell students to vote Yes or No, just made people aware). 

If people were not aware of the vote, the school can’t do anything else but send out a damn text message and even then the students wouldn’t care.. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2