Place your bets

greenjoe

This one could be scary but I would also vote yes.  I base that on the fact that I believe that Wren Baker has established himself as more trustworthy than his predecessor and has communicated the need much better.  If we can't pull our weight in CUSA then we certainly can't be considered for the AAC, MWC, or a P5 (maybe ever).

The cost to attend UNT is/will still be less expensive than UT, Texas A&M, UTEP, UTSA, UTD, and Houston.  Only Texas State and UT-Arlington will be a little cheaper and both are in the Sun Belt where the cost is a little cheaper.  I view the University of Houston as our watermark that we must stay below and this increase would still keep us fairly well below that cost.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I didnt think the Student Body would pass the Apogee thing either when I was in school but it did. I think it will pass because the Athletic department has done a damn good job of explaining to the student body that this effects all realms of UNT other than just Athletics. I do have my doubts but I feel positive. This university needs another kick start  to further push this place in the right direction.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

It's my understanding that the Band gets a portion of this correct? If this is my understanding, then I feel that the music program has to be backing this at least a little.

You also, have to look at it this way, What percentage of the Student Body will actually vote?

since they can vote from their phone, i bet a ton will vote...they aren't inconvenienced by having to go anywhere to vote and stand in line

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

No, but hope I will be surprised.   I think an election like this is destined to fail almost unanimously among FB programs.  

There is no big hook to this election like a move up in competition or a new stadium.   This election has been delayed and is definitely on the radar of most students.   

Apparently, in most states these types of fees can just be mandated.  So although there are a lot of schools with significant higher athletic fees they were not voted in by the students. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2