WKU 2/15

diehardUNTfan

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Obviously, NT lost the game because of the referees continuous whistles.  However the number of fouls called was 16 against WKU and 27 against NT.  So the 30 point free throw deficit was a function not only of the number of fouls called but the fact WKU made most of theirs and NT very few.  

NT played very bad on the defensive end.  The number of fouls called was a big factor, but NT played one of their worst defensive games of McCasland's tenure.   They had no answer for freshman Hollingworth who scored or got fouled at will.  NT had no one to match up with Johnson. 

I think McCasland is a great coach, but I wonder why Temara is a persona non-grata now after being a big contributor at the beginning of the season.  He got a whole 4 minutes last night in his first appearance on the court in weeks. 

Another big night for Lawson who led the way in the first half were NT controlled the game.  Draper continued to be one of NT's best players.   This was one of the few games I've seen when the opponent could match Woolridge's speed.  Smart despite heavy coverage still managed to score.  

To NT's credit they did battle back to force an overtime.   Overall, though this was a game that the better team won.  

He is a defensive liability, and that is the quickest way to see the bench under McCasland. Justin Johnson was 2-2 from the 3pt line last night. Both 3's happened while Temara was guarding him. Shane was lost in the lane while Johnson a 41.7% 3pt shooter was wide open. That and Shane can hit anything right now. No point in playing him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

He is a defensive liability, and that is the quickest way to see the bench under McCasland. Justin Johnson was 2-2 from the 3pt line last night. Both 3's happened while Temara was guarding him. Shane was lost in the lane while Johnson a 41.7% 3pt shooter was wide open. That and Shane can hit anything right now. No point in playing him. 

Yes, I assume Arikawa and Fuller are better guarding a three point shooter.   So both of Johnson's three pointers were during the four minutes when Temara was in the game?  I don't recall it that way. 

No one played very good defense on the NT side.  Note the 100 points and number of fouls.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Yes, I assume Arikawa and Fuller are better guarding a three point shooter.   So both of Johnson's three pointers were during the four minutes when Temara was in the game?  I don't recall it that way. 

No one played very good defense on the NT side.  Note the 100 points and number of fouls.  

Arikawe and Fuller were more matched up with Coleby not Johnson. Holston and Lawson guarded Johnson a lot. Both times Temara subbed in he came in for Holston or Lawson. Arikawe was on the floor the the first time with him, and Simmons was on the floor the second time. 

Temara came in at 17:03 in the second half.

Johnson hit a 3 at 16:08

Temara came out at 15:13

Temara subbed back in at 13:13

Johnson hit a 3 at  12:00

Temara got taken out at 11:24

Did I say that everyone else played good defense? You asked why Temara wasn't play much. I gave you the reason. It's not that hard to see on the floor. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Wonder if Fuller will see more time. Wasn't terrible in the limited minutes Thursday night. If he isn't going to play, wonder if they will try to get him to move on and free up his scholarship.