WKU 2/15

diehardUNTfan

4 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

How does a visiting team shoot 29 more FTs?

WKU must have offered to share their goats with the zebras. Probably told them they could have the prettiest one.

• Haha 2

The difference in Foul shots is unreal, we got hometown at our own gym.  Then we try to intentionally foul at the end they cant find their whistles. This is the worst of the worst group of zebras that I have seen.  I was watching the older guy with hair, when the team would take the ball after a basket he ran down the court looking at the ground.  He missed an obvious turnover.  I dont know if CUSA is trying hard to get a second team in the tournament but I say this was crap.  We didn't help ourselves coming of the half, we were cold and turn the ball over three times on the first four times we touch the ball.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

It was truly appalling. The bald ref was atrocious. One of the worst I’ve ever seen.

He has gone from bad to terrible. Hope this guy is not calling conference games in the tournament.   He should be calling 8th grade girls basketball games.   

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

22 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

that difference in FT is unreal, we got hometown at our own gym.  Then we try to intentionally foul at the end they cant find their whistles. This is the worst of the worst group of zebras that I have seen.  I was watching the older guy with hair, when the team would take the ball after a basket he ran down the court looking at the ground.  He missed obvious turnover.  I dont know if CUSA is trying hard to get a second team in the tournament but I say this was crap.  We didn't help ourselves coming of the half, we were cold and turn the ball over three times on the first four times we touch the ball.

Even the broadcasters mentioned that Draper did everything but pull down the guys shorts to get a foul. On to the next I guess. 

• Lovely Take 1

Obviously, NT lost the game because of the referees continuous whistles.  However the number of fouls called was 16 against WKU and 27 against NT.  So the 30 point free throw deficit was a function not only of the number of fouls called but the fact WKU made most of theirs and NT very few.  

NT played very bad on the defensive end.  The number of fouls called was a big factor, but NT played one of their worst defensive games of McCasland's tenure.   They had no answer for freshman Hollingworth who scored or got fouled at will.  NT had no one to match up with Johnson. 

I think McCasland is a great coach, but I wonder why Temara is a persona non-grata now after being a big contributor at the beginning of the season.  He got a whole 4 minutes last night in his first appearance on the court in weeks. 

Another big night for Lawson who led the way in the first half were NT controlled the game.  Draper continued to be one of NT's best players.   This was one of the few games I've seen when the opponent could match Woolridge's speed.  Smart despite heavy coverage still managed to score.  

To NT's credit they did battle back to force an overtime.   Overall, though this was a game that the better team won.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

48 free throws is unprecedented. There is no way in shit any one can convince me this was fairly officiated. 

Administrators best be emailing whoever it is they need to, Wren Baker. 

I really respect the fact that McCasland didn't use this as an excuse. He got T'd up at the end witch was a joke as well!

Just now, Shark84 said:

I really respect the fact that McCasland didn't use this as an excuse. He got T'd up at the end witch was a joke as well!

He should've been kicked out on their 29th and 30th free throw attempts. Should've made it a point to be kicked out. He can't allow the refs to control a game like that and basically sit on his hands. I like GM as a coach and this may not be his style, but he has to voice his displeasure over and over and over and over again in a game that is being officiated like that. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Obviously, NT lost the game because of the referees continuous whistles.  However the number of fouls called was 16 against WKU and 27 against NT.  So the 30 point free throw deficit was a function not only of the number of fouls called but the fact WKU made most of theirs and NT very few.  

NT played very bad on the defensive end.  The number of fouls called was a big factor, but NT played one of their worst defensive games of McCasland's tenure.   They had no answer for freshman Hollingworth who scored or got fouled at will.  NT had no one to match up with Johnson. 

I think McCasland is a great coach, but I wonder why Temara is a persona non-grata now after being a big contributor at the beginning of the season.  He got a whole 4 minutes last night in his first appearance on the court in weeks. 

Another big night for Lawson who led the way in the first half were NT controlled the game.  Draper continued to be one of NT's best players.   This was one of the few games I've seen when the opponent could match Woolridge's speed.  Smart despite heavy coverage still managed to score.  

To NT's credit they did battle back to force an overtime.   Overall, though this was a game that the better team won.  

and then you take those 27 fouls and realize that 5-6 were committed on purpose to try and catch up in regulation/overtime

Our free throw shooting is an embarrassment.  Woolridge "attempted" on late in the game that almost missed everything.  I just don't understand how a player at the D1 level can be so fundamentally poor when shooting FT's.

The refs didn't cost us the game.  WKU's were a result of them attacking the basket, something we are not very good at doing.  But, I will say that CUSA should be embarrassed about the poor quality of officiating, not only in basketball but football as well.  It is poor.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1