2018 C-USA Preseason Power Rankings

Coach Bill Lewis

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

HOD> NM> NO..

Give me a HOD match up vs almost anyone because it’s another chance for the school to market to alumni in DFW on top of the ability to show improvement from SLs first year. 

NM while isn’t a sexy location, is vs the MW conference, so it would be vs a tougher team likely.

NO is a great bowl and everything, but again the Sunbelt tie in is the only problem. If it were vs the AAC, no one would have a problem with it.

If perception was your only priority, then this makes sense.  If fan experience is your priority (which is perfectly acceptable), than NO Bowl trumps pretty much everything.

Personally I think the NO Bowl is one of the best places to go outside of a really, really high-tier bowl.  Because I like to see the city, enjoy the food, and just experience things.

It's actually kind of sad to think some people just moped around the City of New Orleans for a few days because they can't get past the Sun Belt matchup/perception thing.  You're missing out on so much!

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, GreenN'walinsVet said:

With the way we won games last year, i could easily see us improving on the field but take a step back in record.  We were probably the worse 9 win team in the country last year, so i believe a 7-8 win year is realistic.

I said this after the season and the downvote button on my post quit working due to overuse.  Haha.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, Ben Gooding said:

Agreed. It's too easy not to see the pendulum swinging our way every time. I like to say it's the character and culture change, etc. but I know better. Sometimes breaks just go your way and sometimes they do not. If we have 5 more 1 possession wins this season, then I'll be convinced. 

Never count out Mason Fine. He's a difference maker.

12 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

HOD> NM> NO..

Give me a HOD match up vs almost anyone because it’s another chance for the school to market to alumni in DFW on top of the ability to show improvement from SLs first year. 

NM while isn’t a sexy location, is vs the MW conference, so it would be vs a tougher team likely.

NO is a great bowl and everything, but again the Sunbelt tie in is the only problem. If it were vs the AAC, no one would have a problem with it.

Perception again.

Colorado St. would have got waxed by Troy by worse than 50-30.

• Upvote 1