AD Wren Baker attempts to clarify student fee increase

Skipper

My turn to be nitpicky on inconsequential matters:

Those sporadic green chairbacks in the background look awful except for what appears to be section 209.

If they get the money, combined with increased required contributions on the alumni front, I wish they would decide to just put the damn chair backs in every seat on the alumni side. If I were a bajillionaire, I would personally make a restricted donation to put chair backs on the entire alumni side. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Those sporadic green chairbacks in the background look awful except for what appears to be section 209.

If they get the money, combined with increased required contributions on the alumni front, I wish they would decide to just put the damn chair backs in every seat on the alumni side. If I were a bajillionaire, I would personally make a restricted donation to put chair backs on the entire alumni side. 

I agree, but those seats aren't terribly comfortable. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Are student athletes specifically encouraged to vote in this election ?  I wonder what the total vote total is for these elections ?  

Yes they are, and I would suggest..  if you are a recent alumni (some are on the board), for you to attempt to log in and vote.. 

Also, if anyone knows students.. talk to them and present evidence that shows how improving athletics helps and the increase in other organization budgets

3 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

I agree with eliminating the plastic seats.  It seems like a relatively inexpensive solution would be to put seat backs for the entire section.  To start, put the set backs on the premium seating and build it into the price.  It would be nice to not have to lug around a stadium seat.  

We’re doing our part after the rate hike.  4 less than were there last year.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

13 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

I agree with eliminating the plastic seats.  It seems like a relatively inexpensive solution would be to put seat backs for the entire section.  To start, put the set backs on the premium seating and build it into the price.  It would be nice to not have to lug around a stadium seat.  

I would think the fastest, most cost efficient measure, if installing legit stadium chair back seats is too expensive (hint:  it is), would be to put in bench backs like SMU has.  Hell, color them green so it looks like we've sold out and can lie about our attendance like SMU does with their red bench backs.  Just have it uniform.  As it is, that side of the stadium looks littered.  

God, I can't believe I just wrote that.  I'm Mr. I don't care about uniforms or what the band wears or any of that crap.  Can't tell you why that one thing grates against me. 

On 2/10/2018 at 4:10 PM, oldguystudent said:

From my understanding, those chairs are for season ticket holders.  So, I would encourage people to get season tickets if you dont like the way it looks.  Once I graduate, I plan to get season tickets so I can get seats with those "damn" chair backs. 

Go Mean Green!

12 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

From my understanding, those chairs are for season ticket holders.  So, I would encourage people to get season tickets if you dont like the way it looks.  Once I graduate, I plan to get season tickets so I can get seats with those "damn" chair backs. 

Go Mean Green!

I....I don't even know how to begin to respond to your sage advice and wisdom. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

I would think the fastest, most cost efficient measure, if installing legit stadium chair back seats is too expensive (hint:  it is), would be to put in bench backs like SMU has.  Hell, color them green so it looks like we've sold out and can lie about our attendance like SMU does with their red bench backs.  Just have it uniform.  As it is, that side of the stadium looks littered.  

God, I can't believe I just wrote that.  I'm Mr. I don't care about uniforms or what the band wears or any of that crap.  Can't tell you why that one thing grates against me. 

Agree. If it wasn’t clear, I was also referencing the seat/bench back rails like at dirty smoo. Installing individual seats with backs would be pretty costly. 

4 hours ago, MrStrange18 said:

Go Mean Green!

True, they are for season ticket holders, if they request them.  They sounded so comfortable at first, then I sat in them.

13 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Thanks for the heads up!  I’ll check em out.  Do you use them?  Are they good quality?

We have one for me and one for my wife. The frame is metal and they have the logo on them. They are sturdy enough that they have help up well. My only complaint is that the padding on the seat has deflated some with use, but it is pretty minor as they are still comfortable.

• Upvote 1

Um...I've been paying $40 per seat to add the plastic chair backs to my season ticket seats.  It's a way for the AD to pull more $$ for the seats.  So....if you want to add chair backs to all seats in a section, you're going to have to raise ticket prices to cover the lost opportunity cost of those "extras"....

13 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Um...I've been paying $40 per seat to add the plastic chair backs to my season ticket seats.  It's a way for the AD to pull more $$ for the seats.  So....if you want to add chair backs to all seats in a section, you're going to have to raise ticket prices to cover the lost opportunity cost of those "extras"....

Just as nobody on this board is going to have the influence to force the band to wear full uniforms in August, nobody on this board is going to have influence to get chair backs or bench backs in the stadium.  Just an aesthetic observation. 

We'll skip the fun accounting parties until any of that changes.