Middle Tennessee State (2/10/18)

CMJ

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Missed free throws and turnovers. 

2 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Can’t have 18 turnovers and go 7-16 from the Line on the road and expect to win against the top teams in conference.   Solid showing got some stuff to clean up! 

Bingo. Great effort, though. We're about as far as long as we could have hoped at this stage in year one without Gibson, Tikhonenko and J Simmons. Big homestand coming up. Let's make the Pit feel like it did back when we were last this good.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Bingo. Great effort, though. We're about as far as long as we could have hoped at this stage in year one without Gibson, Tikhonenko and J Simmons. Big homestand coming up. Let's make the Pit feel like it did back when we were last this good.

I’ll be there Thursday unless my baseball scrimmages get moved

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Proud of this team, though. 

Just love how they compete and never give up.   

Postgame Kermit had some kind words. Said MTSU played well, tipped his hat to Mac.  Said Mean Green will not go away.

i think we have a fighting chance to steal a win or two in the next couple games.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shark84 said:

Missed free throws are just like a turnover. Especially in the bonus.

Yes....and even if we'd made all the FT's (which rarely happens...about the best one can hope for realistically is 75-80%) that's not as many as we probably lost with all those TOs

Edited by CMJ
  • Lovely Take 1

went to the game tonight, and i have to admit... i have been a terrible mean green basketball fan for the last five years, so this was my first full game viewing of the team since year one of Benford.

A couple of things i noticed tonight

- #3 Smart... wow, he has the green light and deservedly so.

- Woolridge... i'm not sure he sat for more than a minute of this game... and both of these guys are sophomores????

-We have an assistant coach that likes to dance

-Love that the offense is not afraid to push the ball and work the fast break

-It was nice watching a team not worry about getting sat down every thirty seconds if they made an error

-I was confused to see that we burned our last timeout with 6 minutes left, and later knew immediately that we had just pulled a Chris Webber

-MTSU is good, King is great, but i think their #20 had an off game.

-When MTSU used their half court press for back to back possessions against us late in the game, that was scary good.

-Like everyone said... free throws are extremely disappointing

-We could really use a big presence down low, but i think we can still make a run in the CUSA tourney... I would advise McCasland to pack more than one suit...

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1