Jevin Pahuni status?

Harry

I can only say that he is listed on the spring roster and that would lead me to believe that he is eligible to compete for playing time.  

At one point last year I believe that he was listed as the backup center behind Carr.  However, Carr had problems and was replaced by Sosaia Mose.  Even if Pahinui is eligible could he contribute ahead of either Mose or Carr?  Furthermore, Dakoda Newman bumped a higher rated center that was committed to us early.   So he would also be a strong candidate.  Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see Pahinui making much of a contribution.

Injured in first game, not sure why anyone would assume he won't be in the mix for playing time this year.  Mose and Barr are both back at center so they would be tough to beat out, but he has size and hopefully skill to play other line positions.   There are lots of offensive linemen so there will be competition.  I just hope NT finds 7 or  8 that are starting level in CUSA.  

• Upvote 1