Austin Statesman review of Texas schools 2018 signing class

Harry

North Texas: The Eagles just barely cracked the national top-100 class rankings, coming in at No. 100 overall and ninth in Conference USA.

Three safeties — Humble Atascocita’s Alex Morris, Grand Prairie’s Reggie Williams and Ennis’ Kevyon Davis — topped UNT’s list of signees.

read more:  http://www.statesman.com/sports/college-football/state-signing-day-roundup-houston-utsa-smu-unt-ink-top-100-classes/0eHFVMalonriai8TPsHbtI/

Well, we do have an eagle logo at midfield, eagle wings on our helmets and shirt sleeves and the eagle logo on some helmets and on our uniform. 

I am okay with Mean Green Eagles. I do not like the fact that some still refer to us as NTSU. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

@Aldo is mostly right, but I still think there's a generation out there that doesn't do it out of malice, and genuinely thinks we are still NTSU.

The most recent example is men's basketball: the Georgetown radio play-by-play used "NTSU" during our matchup this year.  All game.  Every time they referenced us.  When I brought it up here, someone mentioned that their promo flyer for the year's schedule has NTSU on it.

We are further removed from North Texas State longer than we were actually called North Texas State.  It's a head scratcher.

Edited by greenminer

I know we are UNT now but do not take insult being called NTSU.  When those of us attended NTSU in the day that what it was and we call that from day we got there to day we graduated (old habits).  It is like the first girlfriend or boyfriend you never forget their names.  I think part of it was we all called North Texas, then and now with out the U or SU.

So start the beating I always preferred the name of NTSU because it looks better on a coffee cup.  I was in Target store in New Mexico with a UNT sweatshirt and lady makes be line for me and was going to let me have it until she saw there was no "C".  When she saw it was UNT she laughed and told me she was going to let me have it if said what she thought it said.  NTSU always worked better in the fight song also. i still have this from the old days.

Photo on 2-14-18 at 9.24 AM.jpg

• Upvote 1