DRC signing day coverage (UNT loses lineman, English update)

Brett Vito

DRC: UNT puts finishing touches on what could be Littrell's best class 

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/mean-green/2018/02/06/unt-set-put-finishing-touches-looks-like-best-class-littrell-era

Notebook: UNT confident JUCOs will help, Littrell on new recruiting coordinator 

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/mean-green/2018/02/07/notebook-unt-confident-juco-players-will-make-immediate-impact

Everything you need to know: Class list, impact players, class grade

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/mean-green/2018/02/07/everything-need-know-unts-2018-recruiting-class

• Lovely Take 1

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Just me, or are we hanging by threads in the trenches, in both quality and quantity? Somebody put my worries at ease.

Can't say I can. The juco DLinemen coming in absolutely cannot be whiffs and English has to be ready to go game 1. That's the saving grace. If any of that waivers, run defense will be nothing short of unwatchable. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Siggers is moving to defense as well.. 

with us losing TonyK, Brown passing on UNT is even bigger.

At the risk of sounding a bit negative, didn't we just sign four safeties in this class?  I'm hoping this is just a matter of trying to find a place for a good athlete rather than not having all that much confidence in their signees. 

Edited by SilverEagle

35 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

At the risk of sounding a bit negative, didn't we just sign four safeties in this class?  I'm hoping this is just a matter of trying to find a place for a good athlete rather than not having all that much confidence in their signees. 

He better be the best damn nickel/safety we have on the roster. He was one of our highest rated players last year and could add a lot to the offense. The backfield worries me now.

32 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

He better be the best damn nickel/safety we have on the roster. He was one of our highest rated players last year and could add a lot to the offense. The backfield worries me now.

With Smith and Johnson plus the the highly rated juco guy, we will be just fine barring injury. As Littrell would say, Evan Johnson is special.

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

What is worrisome is the 4 Safety’s, but with 2 of them potentially moving (Gibbs and Crosby have been told they are ATH, not safeties like Williams and Morris).. is that we had T.Davis play Rover last year, with Preston (who left a lot to be desired) coming back as well.

6 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

With Smith and Johnson plus the the highly rated juco guy, we will be just fine barring injury. As Littrell would say, Evan Johnson is special.

What is worrisome is that Siggers was viewed as the largest/most physical of the RBs with him potentially being the “power” back

40 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Have to agree, it’s also very questionable if Siggers practiced the entire year as a RB then they all of sudden are moving him. I would assume they didn’t do that, but no idea.

• Downvote 1