8th Annual Mean Green Classic BB Game

KRAM1

Time to start gearing up for the 8th Annual UNT Cheer Scholarship Basketball Game!  This year's game will be played on SATURDAY, APRIL 14th at the OLD Men's Gym on Highland Street with a mid-morning tip-off time yet to be determined.

So, Mean Green peeps, we need your help.  What can you do to support this event?

1.  Sign up to play - Registration Fee Remains $35.00 and includes the "collectors edition" Game Day t-shirt!! The event is open for play to both male and female players.  Come on Ladies!

2.  Donate an item or items for the silent auction

3. Make a cash donation to support UNT Cheer

4. Volunteer to Work the Event, Acquire silent auction and drawing items, donate concession items (or funds to purchase such items), and/or come watch the game and support or players and have a fun Saturday morning.

Couple of items...yes, we will have our 50/50 half-time shot contest and I would like to add a drawing item or two or three that we can sell raffle tickets for to be "drawn for at the end of the first, second and third quarters...like a TV, airline tickets, appliance, I-Pad, phone, trips, etc.  If anyone has a contact where we might could acquire such items (or anything similar) please let me know.  We can get a donation receipt to the donor for tax purposes.

We are working with the UNT Police Department to make all parking along Highland that morning fee and usable by players, fans, etc.  Stand by ... will let you know.  Short of that, we will use the Fouts parking lot.

Please note...there is a pinned thread for this game at the top of the basketball section.  Would like to use that one for most/all updates, etc., But thought I needed to start a new post just to remind folks and to get things going.

Lookin to make our eith annual our best yet!  With your help...we can do just that!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Time to start gearing up for the 8th Annual UNT Cheer Scholarship Basketball Game!  This year's game will be played on SATURDAY, APRIL 14th at the OLD Men's Gym on Highland Street with a mid-morning tip-off time yet to be determined.

So, Mean Green peeps, we need your help.  What can you do to support this event?

1.  Sign up to play - Registration Fee Remains $35.00 and includes the "collectors edition" Game Day t-shirt!! The event is open for play to both male and female players.  Come on Ladies!

2.  Donate an item or items for the silent auction

3. Make a cash donation to support UNT Cheer

4. Volunteer to Work the Event, Acquire silent auction and drawing items, donate concession items (or funds to purchase such items), and/or come watch the game and support or players and have a fun Saturday morning.

Couple of items...yes, we will have our 50/50 half-time shot contest and I would like to add a drawing item or two or three that we can sell raffle tickets for to be "drawn for at the end of the first, second and third quarters...like a TV, airline tickets, appliance, I-Pad, phone, trips, etc.  If anyone has a contact where we might could acquire such items (or anything similar) please let me know.  We can get a donation receipt to the donor for tax purposes.

We are working with the UNT Police Department to make all parking along Highland that morning fee and usable by players, fans, etc.  Stand by ... will let you know.  Short of that, we will use the Fouts parking lot.

Please note...there is a pinned thread for this game at the top of the basketball section.  Would like to use that one for most/all updates, etc., But thought I needed to start a new post just to remind folks and to get things going.

Lookin to make our eith annual our best yet!  With your help...we can do just that!

I have an item for auction.  will get it to you ASAP....  Black Replica helmet with Green SOW....

2 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I have an item for auction.  will get it to you ASAP....  Black Replica helmet with Green SOW....

Excellent! Thank you so much.  These sort of auction items are super popular, so this is very good news.  Appreciate it very much Sir!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

OK, we have set the tip-off time for 11:00am of the 14th.  Time for players to start signing up ...at this point we have four ready to go:

THOR-Has played in all of our games from the very start...this will be number eight for this warrior!

Vince

RICO

Randall

So, things are beginning to shape up, but, obviously, we need players.  We will be setting a sign-up deadline shortly, so stand by for that.  Also...we will be looking for volunteer captains for this year's game as well.  Anyone want to take on the role for a team this year?  Really not much to it...just have to "herd cats" a bit.  Simple, right?

Questions?  Let me know.  Will try to get the answer to you ASAP.

• Thanks 1