Empower Texans letter draws fire

-- Empower Texans... They should draw fire ..... Plus all public teachers should absolutely vote.... Their salaries and working conditions are largely the result of politicians.  If they don't want teachers voting against what they stand for then change what they advocate.  One of the things the group seems to be very much in favor of using tax money to support private schools .... but where would that money come from ...to start...   taxes now used to finance public schools ...and later higher property taxes that would needed .. 

.--Worse ... I fear if this happens then there will be radical groups both extreme left and extreme right  including crazy religious groups and racist groups creating schools and being funding with tax money. Also some of these groups teach "weird and false science and history"..    Am I against private schools .??? .. no .... my wife teaches in one .. a good and also expensive one with religious connections. .

.--I doubt their claim that any school is furnishing buses to go vote... besides who would be in the classroom or on campus then.. THINK, makes no sense.... Before you support this group ... learn what they really stand for... they are a bit strange... They are WAY past just financial conservative.....   It seems they want to turn schools into religious schools and teach the type of religion they favor ... [-- Those who want this forget Catholic, Baptist, Mormon, Davidian, Jewish, Church of Christ, Methodist, Unitarian, Watchtower, etc. are very different and schools have students from all  of them enrolled and more.... Which one  do you want or should be in charge. ... ????  .... A lot of what Empower Texans claim isn't even true anyway ... plus most HS students can't even vote they seem to also imply.. . " I suppose they  think  "don't bear false witness"  doesn't apply to them..

.They don't want teachers voting it appears... teachers understand politicians provide school funding and their salaries plus other educational issues. . 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Downvote 2

-------------------

I seriously doubt any school district is providing buses to go vote ..... They combined that with teachers being allowed to wear "I voted" stickers by school boards... ... so what is wrong with that... ?? ...That is not campaigning for any party or candidate.   That is MISREPRESENTING the truth   ... and not honest.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1