'19 QB Maverick McIvor (San Angelo)

18 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I have a feeling us/UTEP & BGSU are just the tip of the iceberg for this dude.   ...although I'm thinking UTEP has the jump on us with him being from Fort Davis.

Other than being in the same region of Texas, Fort Davis and El Paso are like night and day. One question, if your son was a QB with D1 offers, would you want Littrell and Harrell mentoring him or Chico?

1 hour ago, unt_rocket09 said:

Lol at the Phillip Rives comment. HS kids could care less about Phillip Rivers. He is some old dude to them that started playing football when they were born 

Agreed. He was drafted almost 15 years ago. The only thing Rivers shows at this point is that Chico was lucky to coach on a team with a talented player.

• Downvote 1

Are you seriously telling me that HS kids think a Pro Bowl QB is ‘some old dude’?

Larry Fitzgerald... some old dude.

Darrell Revis... some old dude.

Get outta here.

And Rvers himself talks up Chico.

Im not saying Chico is gonna kill UNT in recruiting.  But he’ll be able to recruit QBs... if Dimel let’s him.

• Lovely Take 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Are you seriously telling me that HS kids think a Pro Bowl QB is ‘some old dude’?

Get outta here.

Im not saying Chico is gonna kill UNT in recruiting.  But he’ll be able to recruit QBs... if Dimel let’s him.

And if Dimel doesn't let him it'll again be a pass for Chico? It'll just be because of UTEP? At some point you gotta look at the guy's entire body of work and see what else he's done. Winning the lottery once doesn't mean you have the magic recipe for winning the lottery.

If he's had other mildly successful qbs that you would like to point out I'm all ears. The problem isn't that Rivers is some old dude. It's that at this point he's Chico's only dude.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Get outta here.

I don’t know about the perception of aged pro athletes with HS athletes but I do know that the only quarterbacks worth a crap that Chico ever coached while at NT for 5 seasons were recruited by Todd Dodge before Chico arrived. Maybe Mac steered him away from certain types but you can’t say that in 5 years under 2 head coaches he couldn’t have snuck in one qb worth a spit.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2