Dallas for HQ2: How would UNT fare with Amazon headquarters in North Texas?

The Dallas area along with Austin,, Texas made it to Amazon’s shortlist, released on Jan. 18, of 20 possible locations for their second headquarters. Denton is among the sites the Dallas Regional Chamber pitched.  Most prognosticators believe Austin has a better chance of the two Texas finalists.

• 2 weeks later...

WSJ had Dallas as its #1 pick for awhile.  I'm still convinced its DC.  3 of the top 20 sites are Washington DC area.

UNT can benefit only as much as they choose to foster a partnership with Amazon for internships and new grad jobs.  I've always felt that U of North Texas' worst skill was leveraging the huge business community immediately south on I-35.  We should be the hometown public university for DFW, pumping out good middle of the road graduates that aren't pompous little shits like some of the new grads from UT, A&M, SMU, Baylor, etc.  Instead in my experience UNT rarely has made good connections with the business community and instead lets hearsay reputation and published graduation rates tell the story instead.  #olddenton just isn't a sports problem, its a campus wide problem.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1