Jeff Wilson headed to NFL Combine

UNT18Grad

Huge for UNT.

Hope that knee is healed up and they have put some weight on him as well. If he can come in at 210-215 that is huge, and if he can run in the 4.5s that’s a major boost in terms of getting coaches to rewatch his tape. 

One thing he has that most College RBs don’t have is solid/great pass blocking. Hope he can have a huge day.

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 5

11 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Huge for UNT.

Hope that knee is healed up and they have put some weight on him as well. If he can come in at 210-215 that is huge, and if he can run in the 4.5s that’s a major boost in terms of getting coaches to rewatch his tape. 

One thing he has that most College RBs don’t have is solid/great pass blocking. Hope he can have a huge day.

I've never really watched the Combine.  Do they test RBs on this somehow?   Or is it all measureables?  (ht/wt, 40yd/shuttle/cone times, etc....)

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I've never really watched the Combine.  Do they test RBs on this somehow?   Or is it all measureables?  (ht/wt, 40yd/shuttle/cone times, etc....)

Measurables, hands, cutting ability, speed, bench press and health are the things I know are tested/looked at in Indy.. But pass blocking maybe something they recently started doing in the last year or two (doubtful though)... if he has a solid showing at the combine, scouts/coaches will (hopefully) rewatch his tape and his pass blocking should be a major selling point, and something they show off at the Pro-Day but the question is can he get the weight up.. if he is taking on a 230+ LB can he handle it? 

SL/Choice need to be going all out on their connections.. Also, NS/WB need to be hitting up the Cowboys with that money UNT is spending them and find a way for the guys who do the Dallas Cowboys draft show (fans throughout the NFL listen to it as well) to evaluate and talk up Wilson.. We also need to spam the heck out of them and ask them to evaluate Wilson or any UNT kids..

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Wilson played with as much heart as any player in the history of North Texas. Season after season he sacrificed his body on the field, and he kept coming back even stronger. I'm so happy for him. It was a real pleasure having him as my adopted player for the past few seasons.

Congratulations Jeffery. You deserve this.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1