2018 Football schedule

BTG_Fan1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Disappointed in the Eastern Division flip-flop.   We've still not played Charlotte since they joined.  We've played FAU 3 times.

Make or break game of the season: 10/20 @ Legion field.

I get Charlotte but just a few years ago we were complaining about not getting FAU and FIU. Now that FAU is good, we don't want them. Can't always have it our way. 

Other than Charlotte and ODU (depending on how their QB develops), the East is tough. I'm just happy we also didn't get FIU or Marshall.

Edited by GMG_Dallas

10 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

How does this schedule compare in difficulty to 2017? 

I would say easier. Army is replaced with Liberty. Last years Iowa team is better than 2018 Arkansas, but I think we'll be 10 point of less dogs in this one. We get FAU at home as well as the traditional good teams in SoMiss and LaTech at home. UTSA lost their experienced QB I believe and will breaking in a new offensive system. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I would say easier. Army is replaced with Liberty. Last years Iowa team is better than 2018 Arkansas, but I think we'll be 10 point of less dogs in this one. We get FAU at home as well as the traditional good teams in SoMiss and LaTech at home. UTSA lost their experienced QB I believe and will breaking in a new offensive system. 

Most teams have that accomplished by the third game of the year. By the last game of the year, it'll either be a force to deal with or it would have fallen apart.

The nonconference schedule was already set but I'll reiterated how excited I am to start off the season with two straight home games, which should be wins. A 2-0 start gives the team a lot of confidence, and gets the freshmen students excited.

For the second straight year, our BYE is in between a home and an away game, so we won't go more than three weeks without a home game.

Home conference schedule is pretty tough but I still like us to win the division.

7 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Most teams have that accomplished by the third game of the year. By the last game of the year, it'll either be a force to deal with or it would have fallen apart.

UTSA fired this OC and Wilson had talked about shifting to the spread from the the traditional power I they had been using, but I’m not sure how it ended up with the new OC hire.

3 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

The nonconference schedule was already set but I'll reiterated how excited I am to start off the season with two straight home games, which should be wins. A 2-0 start gives the team a lot of confidence, and gets the freshmen students excited.

For the second straight year, our BYE is in between a home and an away game, so we won't go more than three weeks without a home game.

Home conference schedule is pretty tough but I still like us to win the division.

What is good, SMU should be a packed house because it’s game #1 and it’s SMU.. if we can win that it should be a good sign for when we play I-Word (which hopefully we dominate and impress the fans for them to come back.) 

I’m assuming Rice will be HOmecoming, and hopefully Parents weekend is either LT or USM (I would assume)

6 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

That is on the better home slates that we have had.

ETA: plus we are on the road for TX/OU and Thanksgiving weekend.  Should be a solid attendance year.

The TX/OU is a first in a while, thankfully.  Hopefully we are in for a magical season where everything works out.