Big Time Commit for North Texas

TheReal_jayD

You beat me too it JD. I just finished watching his highlight tape. He will fit nicely in this offense. Speed and great hands.

We beat out Houston, Bowling Green, UL-LA, UTSA, Texas State, New Mexico, and quite a few FCS schools.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jyaire-Shorter-106457/RecruitInterests

Edited by jtm0097
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1

Note we were the first to offer him on Feb 10th 2017.  I am curious why offers dried up after August but it really goes to show the value of being the first (esp among peers) to notice one's talents and offer to reward it.

Welcome Jyaire!

Also of note is that Ellison's mascot is the Eagles...aka Mean Green

https://www.killeenisd.org/schools/high/ellison/Homecoming-Information.html

Love, love, love this commit.  I think he is way underrated and could be, with all due respect to the other young men in this class, the steal of this class.  Based on his tape, I liked him better than the other two, more highly rated TE's in McTear and the young man from Martin.  

Welcome home Jyaire!

12 hours ago, unt_rocket09 said:

Told y’all I referred to him as Megatron the past 2 seasons. He ain’t too bad on the track either. Y’all need to come see the speed in KilleenTX sometime. Heights, Killeen, Ellison, and Shoemaker have some burners down here. 

Kid does remind me of Megatron, hope he can develop into that. 

Love the size of Shorter 6’2, 210 (ideally id like him to be a few inches taller but that is nitpicking).  But something I just thought of is the scary combo at Outside WR we have on the way in Shorter and Greg White. If white can get up to that 200 lb range it will be very special pairing. 

• Downvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I think it has to do more with the high schools. I am thinking they would rather have distractions at end of the day rather than in the middle 

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Wonder why so many kids are signing so late in the day this year

Jay D is correct, the only other option especially for us (LISD is too big and their start times are staggered for busses) is in order to get the signing done and be ready for the start of school is to sign before school starts and that ends up causing some logistical issues when it comes to duty stations etc.  putting it at the end of the day allows more students to attend

10 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Jay D is correct, the only other option especially for us (LISD is too big and their start times are staggered for busses) is in order to get the signing done and be ready for the start of school is to sign before school starts and that ends up causing some logistical issues when it comes to duty stations etc.  putting it at the end of the day allows more students to attend

What did you guys do in prior years? I get the logistics, but that hasn't deterred the signings from occurring in the morning in the past. Just wondering why this year it is becoming more common to do it later. TCU even cancelled their presser because so many of their expected signees are signing later today