18' CB Erick Hallett; Cy-Fair 3 *

UNTLifer

Noticed that we offered over the weekend.  I think Biagi and Yellock had an in home with him.  He has been committed to Washington State for some time, but I thought it was interesting that he Tweeted about the visit.  Would love to flip this young man.  Cy-Fair had a fantastic defense and his film is impressive.  Has  25 offers including a majority of the Ivy League, so grades are not an issue.

https://247sports.com/player/erick-hallett-94090

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Worth noting, he has been committed for some time (to WSU) but did not sign over the early signing period. 

Probably got yanked around and offer dried up once they got another dude they wanted more than him.  Crootin is a dirty business.  Why I'll never get mad at a kid for making a decision.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If we happened to land this guy, I think this would likely be one of the best defensive secondary recruiting classes I can remember.

Has the potential to be a solid DB class, but Gibbs may not be a DB, and Davis is a LB apparently.

If those 3 would be DBs and paired with Hallett it would be a homerun class.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

Our recruiting continues to get butchered the closer we get to signing day.

Never in the ballpark for this guy, he wanted another P5. Last year we got 6 3* players, so far this year we have 8 signed or committed. We did great last year when we got some studs a few days before signing. Let’s hope it happens this year!

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

. We did great last year when we got some studs a few days before signing. Let’s hope it happens this year!

This happened both of SL's first classes. I expect us to get 1 or 2 three star guys at the last second who had their other offers dry up. We'll see how things play out.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

Never in the ballpark for this guy, he wanted another P5. Last year we got 6 3* players, so far this year we have 8 signed or committed. We did great last year when we got some studs a few days before signing. Let’s hope it happens this year!

I'm probably pulling the trigger too early.  Pissed that the recruit that canceled the visit to UNT so he could visit smut.

• Upvote 1