Hope Y'all are ready to open up your wallets!

MeanGreenTexan

3 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

If you had 1 seat it was $500 per seat and if you had 2 seats it was $250 per seat. My hunch is that the majority/average season ticket holders in 105, 206, 207 have less than 4 seats each so the impact will be mixed.

Oops, you are right. I have more than 4 so I didn't do the math. Welp then the $200 per seems fair. For the record, mine went up on average, but I've no problem paying it. Can't want to be good, but not financially support it if you can.

This will naturally be followed by an increase in enforcement by the Yellow Jackets by making people show their tickets in order to enter the premium seat area, to which people will respond by complaining about the getstapo tactics being employed.  And around and around the crazy train goes.  Choo choo!!

• Lovely Take 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

This will naturally be followed by an increase in enforcement by the Yellow Jackets by making people show their tickets in order to enter the premium seat area, to which people will respond by complaining about the getstapo tactics being employed.  And around and around the crazy train goes.  Choo choo!!

Yellowjackets need love too!  

(And mostly don't really do a damn thing or have any recourse if you just blow past them and ignore them, just like their apiary cousins) 

23 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yeah.   This will work well for us!   The demand is just through the roof for Mean Green tickets, just like Longhorn/Crimson Tide tickets.

Do we want to sell out Apogee?   
IMO, such a drastic increase at once is a step in the wrong direction in accomplishing that goal.   Raise seat prices?  Sure!  Raise MGC donations?  Sure!   
...Make a family of 4, 5, 6, (more?) pay a significant amount more than they paid the previous year for the same seats?   You're really pushing the envelope.

I understand your plight but feel you are being a bit dramatic here. You are not being priced out of the stadium, you are being priced out of prime seats that have been underpriced for a very long time because of a terrible record. You benefited from the lack of demand and now we are playing better and demand is up. In order for us to make great strides as a program we have to maximize revenue and part of that is getting the most $$ per seat possible. If everyone is grandfathered in at the low prices we will never reach our potential. Come join me in the family section. You’ll be fine. We have a blast and the sight lines are good. I paid $60 per seat so even if they double that you’ll be under $500 for 4 and see just fine.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I understand your plight but feel you are being a bit dramatic here. You are not being priced out of the stadium, you are being priced out of prime seats that have been underpriced for a very long time because of a terrible record. You benefited from the lack of demand and now we are playing better and demand is up. In order for us to make great strides as a program we have to maximize revenue and part of that is getting the most $$ per seat possible. If everyone is grandfathered in at the low prices we will never reach our potential. Come join me in the family section. You’ll be fine. We have a blast and the sight lines are good. I paid $60 per seat so even if they double that you’ll be under $500 for 4 and see just fine.

Is it? Or is the athletic department gouging?

You be the judge next season. 

• Downvote 5

Reminds me of my Aggie Brother-in-Law (may he rest in peace), who could have been the poster boy for TAMU's "Sarge".  He had great seats(3), second deck on the alumni side, for something like 35 years.  Same as UNT-  3 seat licenses, plus the cost cost of the tickets.  Not chump change.  

Along comes the Kyle Field expansion 4-5 years ago.  The new seat license more than doubles(at least), and the ticket prices increase.  And I'm talking "substantially" increase.  They either take it, or leave.  Someone else was willing to pay the huge increases for those seats.  Essentially, TAMU drove them out of some very good seats that they had used for a long, long time.

They moved to way less desirable seats.  They did it because they supported their University and the football program.  And we should too.  My sister still has three seats at Kyle Field.

Fish or cut bait.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeepGreen said:

Reminds me of my Aggie Brother-in-Law (may he rest in peace), who could have been the poster boy for TAMU's "Sarge".  He had great seats(2), second deck on the alumni side, for something like 35 years.  Same as UNT-  2 seat licenses, plus the cost cost of the tickets.  Not chump change.  

Along comes the Kyle Field expansion 4-5 years ago.  The new seat license more than doubles(at least), and the ticket prices increase.  And I'm talking "substantially" increase.  They either take it, or leave.  Someone else was willing to pay the huge increases for those two seats.  Essentially, TAMU drove them out of some very good seats that they had used for a long, long time.

The move to way less desirable seats.  They did it because they supported their University and the football program.  And we should too.

Fish or cut bait.

When this is the reality, then you have the platform to do that. Otherwise, this is a money grab. This has no impact on me whatsoever, or so I think as of now. It's just the audacity for them to do this when they good and damn well know they have 6-8K hardcore followers that sit over in these premium seats that will take the lump and buy them. This is not a demand move, this is a money grab move. If the demand was there, fantastic. Bump that price. But they are shaking trees of University's closest alumni. And that is the part of all this I do not like. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

"If we can't sell out the stadium, lets at least sell out the Wing"

-Wren Baker

Disclosure: Wren didn't really say this.  It's a joke.  But I feel like some will start buying cheaper tickets and move freely to the middle sections. 

As for me, I'll be awaiting my renewal notice and tax return before I make a decision.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Is it?  IMO, they cant be underpriced if the entire section is only 1/3 (if that) full.
Our section FINALLY filled in for the Army game.   Problem is, several of the people around us were Army fans.   The rest of the season was the same folks that were there (and the same empty seats all around us) when we were going 4-8 in 2014.

I am totally cool with upping the prices... I really am.  But $400 in one pop?  That is a lot of money.

Moving to the Family section is on the table.   Waiting to see the actual packet with the price printed.  Maybe the person I was talking to wasn't sure.

43 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Reminds me of my Aggie Brother-in-Law (may he rest in peace), who could have been the poster boy for TAMU's "Sarge".  He had great seats(3), second deck on the alumni side, for something like 35 years.  Same as UNT-  3 seat licenses, plus the cost cost of the tickets.  Not chump change.  

Along comes the Kyle Field expansion 4-5 years ago.  The new seat license more than doubles(at least), and the ticket prices increase.  And I'm talking "substantially" increase.  They either take it, or leave.  Someone else was willing to pay the huge increases for those seats.  Essentially, TAMU drove them out of some very good seats that they had used for a long, long time.

They moved to way less desirable seats.  They did it because they supported their University and the football program.  And we should too.  My sister still has three seats at Kyle Field.

Fish or cut bait.

Again,   Aggies can sell their tickets on Stubhub & whatnot, because the DEMAND is there.   That same demand to sit in section 205 at Apogee is just not there.

Dear Athletic Department,
Please, please don't price me out of my seats only to turn around and not sell them, or sell them on a game by game basis for less than what I paid for them last year.

Sincerely,
Die-Hard Fans who buy more than 2 seats in your premium sections.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I was quoted $880 for two "Scholarship Premium Seats" aka #olddenton Priority 1 seats.  Tickets were $200*2, MGC was $200*2, and seat-backs were $40*2.  I was also quoted $2600 for two Silver Zone Club Level seats.  Stadium Fund Lease $625*2, Tickets $375*2, MGC $300*2.  White zone jumped up quickly to $4100 for two tickets.  I think parking came with CL but not Scholarship Premium.

I am legitimately am considering the Silver Zone Club level seats but will be going to see them first.  I have a feeling I will be disappointed with being that far towards the end zone (the best Silver CL seats are 15 yd line).  Not sure if I care that much about dinner before and access to private bars when the seats aren't close to the 50.  Alumni Association usually has a decent pregame meal for free.

I'd feel a lot better if there was still tax benefit to the "donation" portion.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

37 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I was quoted $880 for two "Scholarship Premium Seats" aka #olddenton Priority 1 seats.  Tickets were $200*2, MGC was $200*2, and seat-backs were $40*2.  I was also quoted $2600 for two Silver Zone Club Level seats.  Stadium Fund Lease $625*2, Tickets $375*2, MGC $300*2.  White zone jumped up quickly to $4100 for two tickets.  I think parking came with CL but not Scholarship Premium.

I am legitimately am considering the Silver Zone Club level seats but will be going to see them first.  I have a feeling I will be disappointed with being that far towards the end zone (the best Silver CL seats are 15 yd line).  Not sure if I care that much about dinner before and access to private bars when the seats aren't close to the 50.  Alumni Association usually has a decent pregame meal for free.

I'd feel a lot better if there was still tax benefit to the "donation" portion.

If I’m not mistaken, those same seats you were priced $880 for would have cost you MORE last season.  Congratulations!  You’re now getting a pretty sweet deal!

$500 MGC donation, then $160/seat (if not more) + $40/chairback = $900!!

I mean, does anyone else think that makes any sense whatsoever??

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If I’m not mistaken, those same seats you were priced $880 for would have cost you MORE last season.  Congratulations!  You’re now getting a pretty sweet deal!

$500 MGC donation, then $160/seat (if not more) + $40/chairback = $900!!

I mean, does anyone else think that makes any sense whatsoever??

Don't you get a parking pass with a $500 MGC donation?

2 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Don't you get a parking pass with a $500 MGC donation?

Red/Blue, yessir.    I also got one with my $250 one.

And honestly, that was the only reason I signed up for my section/seats anyway because at that time there was no pedestrian bridge & we had a newborn we didn’t want to push a stroller across Ave D from the Fouts lot.   Stretched to make it happen then.  Then felt good about buying 2 more seats & chairbacks as income grew.

We’ll see.

3 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Stadium Fund Lease $625*2, Tickets $375*2, MGC $300*2.  White zone jumped up quickly to $4100 for two tickets.  I think parking came with CL but not Scholarship Premium.

They're selling single season club seats now?  

As for your concerns on the view, I'm in silver and assure you that when you're that high up, being close to the end zone is a non factor.  The view is great. The club is super nice, and the prices you just posted give me a little assurance that I'll at least be able to keep my seats for another year. 

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

They're selling single season club seats now?  

It's the 5 year seat license you're working towards buying out... as it was explained to me. $1250 a year for 5 years then you just have to pay for the MGC and Ticket cost on those seats once that amount is fully paid.

Does that not sound right? It sounds like $2600 due for 2018 season. But UNT is assuming I'll be doing this for at least 5 seasons. I assume if I didn't continue to pay towards my 5 year buyout that I would forfeit the progress made towards the seat lease payoff.

I suppose I'll get the full terms next week. Hope there's no suprises.

8 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

It's the 5 year seat license you're working towards buying out... as it was explained to me. $1250 a year for 5 years then you just have to pay for the MGC and Ticket cost on those seats once that amount is fully paid.

Does that not sound right? It sounds like $2600 due for 2018 season. But UNT is assuming I'll be doing this for at least 5 seasons. I assume if I didn't continue to pay towards my 5 year buyout that I would forfeit the progress made towards the seat lease payoff.

I suppose I'll get the full terms next week. Hope there's no suprises.

Without crunching numbers, that sounds correct conceptually.  Your original post looked like they were letting people buy club seats for a single season, and that seemed new and unfamiliar to me, which we all know frightens the children. 

• Upvote 1