DRC breaking news -- UNT picks up grad transfer Cole Hedlund

Brett Vito

On 1/20/2018 at 6:54 AM, Harry said:

Let me preface this by saying I am glad she has decided to end up at UNT and I wish him well.  We offer him a second chance and he offers us a powerful leg.  That said, I still wish he had made a different decision out of high school.

He should have never gone to Arkansas.  What a great story it would have been for him to play at the school where his dad has been such an icon.  Now he comes to UNT due to a lack of results.  Hopefully this will have a happy ending but I think he would do it differently if given the chance to go back in time.

That said, kids want to take their own path in life and the lure of the SEC is strong.

Trevor Moore had just completed a season that earned him freshman all-American honors when Cole signed.. Absolutely no guarantees he would’ve earned playing time for the next 3 years.. kid was  the #1 rated PK in the county by 247 with multiple SEC offers.. can’t fault him for not wanting his college experience to be going 5 minutes down the road with everyone calling you Coach Hedlund’s son 

• Upvote 6