DRC breaking news -- UNT picks up grad transfer Cole Hedlund

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Number one kicker in the nation his senior year. Kid is a great kicker before bret beliesma shit on his confidence. Change of scenery this kid will be fine.

The problem is once a kicker loses confidence it can be difficult to regain it.  I welcome the kid to the team and wish him the best but I'm not assuming he's gonna win the job. 

• Thanks 1

Let me preface this by saying I am glad she has decided to end up at UNT and I wish him well.  We offer him a second chance and he offers us a powerful leg.  That said, I still wish he had made a different decision out of high school.

He should have never gone to Arkansas.  What a great story it would have been for him to play at the school where his dad has been such an icon.  Now he comes to UNT due to a lack of results.  Hopefully this will have a happy ending but I think he would do it differently if given the chance to go back in time.

That said, kids want to take their own path in life and the lure of the SEC is strong.

We missed on both Hedlund brothers out of high school.  And when the older brother got a grad transfer, he went to Southern Meth.  I remember feeling low about all three decisions.  However, the bar (crossbar ?) has always been high for kickers at North Texas.

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe

4 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

No brainer then. 

I agree and hope he gets everything sorted out. Hopefully, being home will help. 

What is the status of Zach Williams?  He was highly rated out of high school, but with Hedlund visiting and the coaches recruiting the young man from Keller, it makes me wonder if he is ready to go. 

• Downvote 1