‘18 OL/DL Steven Shaw Jr (Manvel)

BTG_Fan1

12 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

Kason Martin is already hyping him up big time on Twitter. I love it. I think we have a solid chance at landing him because of it. Let the floodgates to Manvel open up!!

Would love it, and been saying it.. none of the AM Manvel kids signed.. bring them in on officials and let them go around campus with Martin! Do a promo and fill up the superpit and take them to a game, etc.. finish this class with a bang..  

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

25 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Yes Please!!! This kid is big and really good. I would love to see this kid come here. I would have to think he could make an immediate impact....Right?

You grab this kid, a pipeline to Manvel has been set up.

He has the frame to carry 265-270 easily.

• Lovely Take 2

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

How does that young man only have an offer from Prairie View?

Not a clue unless it's grades/trouble.  Everything I've heard kids an incredible young man so I'm not sure.

34 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

That was my question, if we would of had him up here, I know we could of pulled him in.

He was slated to visit next weekend. I don't know for 100% but it sounds like LA Tech put pressure to commit now or offer is off the table. They know UNT can flip a kid from them if giving chance. See KD Davis...

3 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

He was slated to visit next weekend. I don't know for 100% but it sounds like LA Tech put pressure to commit now or offer is off the table. They know UNT can flip a kid from them if giving chance. See KD Davis...

So basically the LaTech offer is worth more to him than a UNT offer since he isn't willing to risk their offer to see what Denton has to offer. If he was legitimately wanting to be here he would have taken the risk and visited with us knowing our offer would have still been there even if LaTech's wasn't. That would have been fine with him but it isn't.

15 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Question:

Does a "Recruit" have to register for an Official Visit? If so does that Registrar become available for other schools to view (guessing Not)? Couldn't he just go covert or visit a Friend at school (AKA Kason Martin)?

4 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

A verbal commitment won't stop recruits from visiting other places.  We have seen that first hand.

It won't. But a team can pull an offer if a kid visits another school. 

16 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

So basically the LaTech offer is worth more to him than a UNT offer since he isn't willing to risk their offer to see what Denton has to offer. If he was legitimately wanting to be here he would have taken the risk and visited with us knowing our offer would have still been there even if LaTech's wasn't. That would have been fine with him but it isn't.

La Tech offered a while ago. So relationships were created. UNT just came in last week.