Louisiana Tech (1/18/18)

CMJ

LA Tech was missing their best player and their second best player didn't appear to know were he was after a head injury early in the game,     They had two freshmen that took over the game.

Simmons is 6'9 and has all kinds of potential, but he gets a lot of shoots blocked because he doesn't take the ball aggressively to the rim.  La Tech's Doruji  has incredible ups but Simmons still is too easy to block.  Woolridge had an effective floor game but he has to shoot better than 20%.   Smart had another good game when you consider that he was definitely the focus of LT's defense.   

La Tech obviously even with their two best scorers had a much better bench.   It is not hard because NT was down to Draper, Miller, Arikawa, Fuller and an injured Lawson.   So NT is down to 9 healthy players counting a walk-on and two others that rarely are on the court.   Yet,  NT could have won every conference game due to great effort and good  coaching.      

On 1/18/2018 at 1:41 PM, THOR said:

wbb is on the quarters....men still play halves....just in case you forgot...

and that damn charlotte loss is a black eye...

Ha. Yeah, I always forget. I watch college basketball nearly every night and without fail, I see the "2nd" and think 2nd quarter each time.