FAU loses starting QB to... retirement?

MeanGreen_ATX

sheesh...BroMan McOwlface was right again. 

They have a far more talented transfer sitting out this season. one of our crushing-life FAU hosts told us Driskell already planned to quit rather than try and keep his starting job...knew it wouldn't be his after a few practices. This after he told us FAU would out-athlete us and dominate again, Motor would go off and Lane loved Boca and would stick around. 

He was the kinda man who probably mixes cocaine with his workout protein...no chance he sees age 30...but that breh of brahs was an effing savant 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

QB was good, but Singletary is outstanding! Wish he had gone pro.

He wasn’t able to, I believe.. he is a  true sophomore.. 

58 minutes ago, THOR said:

i believe they have a much better qb coming in...juco maybe...remember the fau folks talking about it somewhere

They landed an FSU/Last Chance U JUCO last year but I believe he was injured or suffered one last year, is who you maybe thinking of. I don’t know his status 

2 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

sheesh...BroMan McOwlface was right again. 

They have a far more talented transfer sitting out this season. one of our crushing-life FAU hosts told us Driskell already planned to quit rather than try and keep his starting job...knew it wouldn't be his after a few practices. This after he told us FAU would out-athlete us and dominate again, Motor would go off and Lane loved Boca and would stick around. 

He was the kinda man who probably mixes cocaine with his workout protein...no chance he sees age 30...but that breh of brahs was an effing savant 

He morphed from brotastic state of Florida college football savant into FAU football soothsayer.  Absolutely incredible.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

He's trying to graduate in May...maybe trying to grad transfer?

He is graduating with an Engineering degree, and said he has no ideation of playing at the next level, just wants to move on with his life.  His goal was to play football at the FBS level and has succeeding in that goal.  I respect this young man for this decision.  Not easy to walk away from something you have done your entire life....  I wish his all the success....though I doubt he needs my sentiments...

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

He is graduating with an Engineering degree, and said he has no ideation of playing at the next level, just wants to move on with his life.  His goal was to play football at the FBS level and has succeeding in that goal.  I respect this young man for this decision.  Not easy to walk away from something you have done your entire life....  I wish his all the success....though I doubt he needs my sentiments...

This.  Kid is graduating with a Civil Engineering degree in May.  He's got bigger things happening in his life than playing a 5th year of football.  It has nothing to do with not being able to compete for the job he's always the underdog and he keeps winning the job.  My money would have been on him next season had he stayed.  He was the 3rd string QB this summer.  Great leader we will miss him.

• Upvote 2