UNT set to have it’s first stand-alone dining hall by 2020

Skipper

This is really cool. 

But side note:  Why have we not renamed all the Avenue "X" streets to something school related?  There has to be notable alumni or donors or school traditions we can name these streets after.  North Texas Battle Flag Way, Stone Cold Boulevard, Ernie Kuehne Drive.  There seriously has to be something besides Avenue A, B & C we can name these streets.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Moobs said:

This is really cool. 

But side note:  Why have we not renamed all the Avenue "X" streets to something school related?  There has to be notable alumni or donors or school traditions we can name these streets after.  North Texas Battle Flag Way, Stone Cold Boulevard, Ernie Kuehne Drive.  There seriously has to be something besides Avenue A, B & C we can name these streets.

I manage the street naming process for a large city, and I can tell you that most proponents of street name changes do not realize how much of a burden it is to property owners and those residing and living along a street to have to notify all those sending them bills, issuing them licenses, etc.  On the other hand, I don't know how many of those "alphabet streets" go beyond the boundaries of the UNT Denton campus, or how many address changes would be involved.  I think that, in a way, the manner in which street names continue through the campus is part of the character of North Texas in Denton, in that it somewhat "fits in" with the surrounding neighborhoods rather than being set apart, the way that my first college, Midwestern State in Wichita Falls was

Bottom line, when renaming a street, it's best to have all principals vested in it on board with said name change.

2 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

The IHOP does not meet the aesthetic standards of our elderly alumni and therefore must go.

(No seriously.  It's going away because it's not pretty enough) 

The entrance to the university is very important for setting first impressions.  The university has been working on this for decades and I am glad the improvement of our front door is finally moving forward.    

If there are any student body needs not being met then I am sure some entrepreneur will meet the need.  

I mean, I get it, I still miss the Tomato, but tens of thousands of people have graduated now who never even knew it existed.  

7 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

The entrance to the university is very important for setting first impressions.  The university has been working on this for decades and I am glad the improvement of our front door is finally moving forward.    

If there are any student body needs not being met then I am sure some entrepreneur will meet the need.  

I mean, I get it, I still miss the Tomato, but tens of thousands of people have graduated now who never even knew it existed.  

The Tomato....bad pizza and cold beer.....  I loved that place.....

• Upvote 1