One of the big arguments for "the wall" is drug trafficking ... I am not claiming there is none but......Heroine and opiates do not come from Mexico. .. neither does meth which is produced here... Opiates come from poppies (mostly Asia) but often people get hooked on prescription drugs (may be opiates) or from illegal drug sourses and not brought in.  Look at the map ... where is the use the worse... not near the Texas border... up north mostly. 

. This article  is not  just about blacks despite the title. but everyone but seems to be growing faster with that group. Look at all the charts.    

.As for wall and drugs.... lots come in by ship or air ... the Wall will do little to stop it. .... (maybe marijuana but it is getting legalized a lot here to grow)

.I very much oppose drug use .... but a wall will be of very little help.---   I oppose the wall too ... people/ranchers use the Rio Grande for water and so do 1000's of animals. (includes deer)

.Posted just for information... and show the worst drug use is not near Mexico. 

.https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/22/upshot/opioid-deaths-are-spreading-rapidly-into-black-america.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fupshot&mc=aud_dev&mcid=fb-nytimes&mccr=JanMC12&mcdt=2018-01&subid=JanMC12&ad-keywords=AudDevGate 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

14 hours ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

One of the big arguments for "the wall" is drug trafficking ... I am not claiming there is none but......Heroine and opiates do not come from Mexico. .. neither does meth which is produced here... Opiates come from poppies (mostly Asia) but often people get hooked on prescription drugs (may be opiates) or from illegal drug sourses and not brought in.  Look at the map ...

https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/drug-addiction/who-supplies-drugs-america/#gref

The heroin supply in America is mainly derived from South America and Mexico. A large portion of the world’s heroin is cultivated in Afghanistan — around 90 percent of it — but only about 4 percent of heroin in the US comes from Afghanistan, per 2013 data reported by The Week. Approximately 4.2 million people over the age of 11 have used heroin in their lifetime, NIDA reports.

Most of America’s cocaine comes from Bolivia, Columbia, and Peru. Among 15-64 year olds in America, Business Insider reports 2.2 percent use cocaine each year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

A lot just comes through legal crossing hidden in trucks cars etc. ... That appears on our local news quite a bit... mostly cocaine is mentioned, and rarely is meth or heroin mentioned.  The Wall stops none of those. ..Plus it gets here by air and ships. Disagree on the meth comment.... most is "cooked" here. ... The map shows the opiate problem is worst in Ohio, Pennsylvania region and not so much in border states... but unfortunately it is everywhere .. I know some here will not believe me but I graduated form UNT without even once seeing any drug including marijuana ...(1966) and I lived in a dorm and not a sheltered life... went back in 1970 and it was everywhere......When people talk about 1968, Woodstock,  etc. .... things changed and rapidly.     I often say I graduated in the "Beach Boy" 60's ... and not the "Steppenwolf" 60's. ... big difference...

• Downvote 1