‘18 WR Andrew Nwachukwu (Wylie)

BTG_Fan1

https://247sports.com/player/andrew-nwachukwu-46039757

Not yet ranked but was offered by UTEP a few days ago and has a  Prairieview offer as well.

Listed at 6’2.5 and 195 on 24/7, but tape says he is 6’3 207 and runs a 4.5

http://www.hudl.com/v/27vJqF

Player Profile page as well says All-District WR.

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2018 at 5:38 PM, BTG_Fan1 said:

Just watched the first few minutes of his tape.. Wow, really like this kids tape and he is a big time under the radar guy..

Kid was pulling away from everyone, and was also on KR duties. Kid could high point the ball as well and pick it over DBs. 

Yes. How this guy possibly slipped through the cracks is a mystery. Big, strong, fast and a great tape. Would be a great addition to develop as Bussey, Law, and Guyton get into their junior season.

• Lovely Take 1

According to 24/7, no offers prior to this semester.   Wonder if he was having trouble getting a qualifying test score or something, and now that he has...  look out!   He's obviously a nice player.  Glad we're one of the first to offer.  Hopefully other interested schools are already full at WR after the early signing period, and don't want to use an offer on him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

According to 24/7, no offers prior to this semester.   Wonder if he was having trouble getting a qualifying test score or something, and now that he has...  look out!   He's obviously a nice player.  Glad we're one of the first to offer.  Hopefully other interested schools are already full at WR after the early signing period, and don't want to use an offer on him.

Just going from his jr to sr highlights, the QB may have made a big difference. Lots of underthrown balls where he doesn't get to highlight his catch and run ability, but does show his acrobatic receiving ability. Senior season, different qb different story.

3 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Just going from his jr to sr highlights, the QB may have made a big difference. Lots of underthrown balls where he doesn't get to highlight his catch and run ability, but does show his acrobatic receiving ability. Senior season, different qb different story.

Noticed he was a little slow off the snap in the Sr highlights.  That explosiveness is certainly something I know coaches Filani & Womack can help with.

His top-end speed is pretty dominant at his level though.

• Lovely Take 1

25 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Since he was reporting an official offer from North Texas, I believe he would be considered a recruited player and therefore would not be eligible to receive a blue shirt (at least that is the way it is supposed to work). 

Official? I believe he just said offer. But with 4 to maybe 5 spots left in class they planned on using 2 of the 5 spots on wr with one already signed. 

• Lovely Take 1

9 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Official? I believe he just said offer. But with 4 to maybe 5 spots left in class they planned on using 2 of the 5 spots on wr with one already signed. 

I suppose it could get into a pretty gray area when the kid reports an offer and the services report that he received an offer, but the school claims they never offered and then want to use a blue shirt later.  

Regardless, it does seem that we likely only had 1 WR scholly left and 2 potential players.

1 minute ago, TreeFiddy said:

I suppose it could get into a pretty gray area when the kid reports an offer and the services report that he received an offer, but the school claims they never offered and then want to use a blue shirt later.  

Regardless, it does seem that we likely only had 1 WR scholly left and 2 potential players.

I highly doubt the NCAA uses online recruiting websites as their sources for offers.   
I bet Littrell & Co. knew what they offered.   If a legit 2018 offer, we may have just been out-recruited by Dimel & Co.    If a blueshirt offer, and UTEP offered a legit 2018 offer, you can't blame the kid.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I highly doubt the NCAA uses online recruiting websites as their sources for offers.   
I bet Littrell & Co. knew what they offered.   If a legit 2018 offer, we may have just been out-recruited by Dimel & Co.    If a blueshirt offer, and UTEP offered a legit 2018 offer, you can't blame the kid.

Some guidelines regarding 'recruited athlete':

How does the NCAA define whether a prospect is considered a recruited athlete?

A prospect is considered a recruited athlete if the college takes one of the following actions:

• If they provide the prospect with an official visit.
  • If they have an off-campus contact with the prospect or the prospect’s parents or legal guardians.
  • If they offer the prospect a National Letter of Intent or an athletic scholarship agreement.
  • If they initiate a telephone conversation with the prospect or his parents or legal guardians more than one time.

Lots of confusion,  it appears on what an offer is.   An offer or committment does not really bind anyone to anything.   It is basically a promise of a future action.   A school that reneges on their promise, will certainly suffer damage if word gets out and it hinders future recruiting.   

Also all unaccepted offers expire at some point, it maybe in hours, days or till the player signs somewhere.   Most offers are conditional based on a number of factors including: time period, availability of scholarships, recruits acceptance into school and most common the inability of the school to find a better prospect.